Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: varilite cushion....

varilite cushion....

anybody have one or tried one? they look comfy.

http://www.varilite.com/products_category.aspx?catID=1

Cushion

I've been sitting on Varilite Evolution cushions for six years. No complaints, no pressure sores. Be sure to get your butt pressure mapped, prior to and after getting your new cushion.

You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

I have both a Zoid and an Evolution. I love my Zoid, but I love the Evolution even more. It is the most comfortable cushion I've had (I have full-sensation) in my 23 years of pushing. It requires no maintainance, except to leave the valve open over night on occasion. Varilite recently changed the valve; it's much more durable. I sit on the cusion fully inflated most of the time. But sometimes towards the end of the day I'll let some of the air out and sink down into it. It's just so darn comfy....
    Disclaimer: I use voice dictation software, due to chronic tendinitis. Any gibberish-type errors in this post are due to the software's stupidity, not my own. Protect your arms and hands from overuse, people!

Definately get pressure mapped first!!! I had the varilite evolution when I got my new chair 2 years ago and was pressure mapped b/c of a pressure sore that was not healing well. It failed horribly for me .... reds and yellows, and the only way I could get good pressure relief was to lift up, something I was still having trouble with at the time. (I ended up with a roho, I like the fact that my usual squirms and wiggles do a good job at pressure relief.). The cushion wasn't the cause of the sore, I came home from rehab with it, but it was slowing the healing.

I use it now as a spare, and just make a point extra pressure lifts. But others have done quite well with it. Like I said, let the pressure map make the devision for you.

(As far as comfy, I can;t tell but my daughter says it is ......)
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

thanks you-all. pressure mapping's an 8 hr. drive for me so i'm sure it won't happen. just haven't heard much about matrx cushions on here.

I had a matrix cushion...came with my chair with the matrix back. I did not like it at all. It is a foam cushion, that molds to you, and in the colder months...it freezes. I was usually wet in the summer due to sweat, so I decided to not use it again. I got myself a Stimulite contour...and I am much happier for it.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64
    thanks you-all. pressure mapping's an 8 hr. drive for me so i'm sure it won't happen. just haven't heard much about matrx cushions on here.
    If you can't get pressure mapped, I wouldn't take a chance on the varilite evolution then. The therapists where I did my outpatient were a little surprised I had one, as they have had a few others with issues as welll.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423
    If you can't get pressure mapped, I wouldn't take a chance on the varilite evolution then. The therapists where I did my outpatient were a little surprised I had one, as they have had a few others with issues as welll.
    thnx......

somebody that has a varilite evolution!!!!!!!

how thick is it? i think i'm gonna try one.

thanks........

n/m...i'm goin with the stimulite classic xs.