Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Can I have my own sick day?

THAT'S why it's for caregivers.....to vent, share frustrations. Jesus, why shouldn't people like Taj and Zilla be able to complain or ask for sympathy?

They must have superhuman patience and capacity for giving to care for high level husbands.The point of the original OP does show what an all consuming life that is...........it's always about the cared for, never the caregiver.

That's why they have their own forum
    Last edited by kate; 07-15-2007 at 11:27 PM.
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Rehab, I took that post of donz's out and stuck it in the Removed pile.

It's obvious to everybody reading this that he's out of line, and I told him so earlier.

donz, if you want to learn what this forum is about, go ahead and read it -- it's a public place. But I'm not going to let you make personal attacks on people because you don't understand the issues.

OK Kate. Remove mine if you don't want it quoted
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino
    OK Kate. Remove mine if you don't want it quoted
    You could edit it yourself, which would be better, because you made some good points in your reply.

To be perfectly clear -- there's nothing wrong with people who aren't Caregivers posting in this forum. That's not the issue. The problem is when someone who doesn't have or want a perspective from "the other side" decides to criticize caregivers for their attitudes, choices, and issues.

It's as if an AB person barged into the Life forum and told everybody to quit whining. How long would we put up with that?

OK-I give. You win. Yes, yes I only seek sympathy. What is the matter with me? Able body people don’t deserve sympathy. After nine years of marriage, my husband suffers the worst that SCI has to offer. I have seen the light. I need to be grateful for each day he allows me the honor to care for him. I vow to become robot-bionic wife who is immune to sickness, disease or injury. All of our sympathy should be saved for the SCI victims themselves. They are the only ones on the face of the earth worthy of such sympathy. Wait a minute, what about the folks with cancer, the children dying of disease, the AIDS sufferer, the widow that just lost her husband in Iraq, the lonely old neighbor lady who has no family left, the teenage boy that is contemplating suicide, the guy down the street that just lost his job? Do they deserve any sympathy? Gosh could others besides SCI victims have needs too? Hummm…it’s an interesting theory. I wonder. No that couldn’t be possible, could it?

OK, you can quit bashing me now. I’ll slap myself a couple of times for you, especially since my husband can’t cuz his arms don’t work. How dare I seek any sympathy! Please pardon my faux pas.

Stop being an ass wipe and take a hike. How would you like it if some AB strangers came to CC and started calling folks a bunch of whiners looking for sympathy? Beter yet, what if someone said that to you when you pulled into a disabled parking space? For gawdsake, we are all entitled to some empathy like Taj was looking for.

Use a dictionary, there is a difference between sympathy and empathy. Folks generally come to CareCure looking for empathy.

One thing we can all agree on, you just don't "get it".
    Last edited by kate; 07-15-2007 at 11:32 PM.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Taj,
    I don't know you at all, but I have the utmost respect and admiration for what you do and who you are. One thing that I think some people miss is that the disabled person unfortunately has no choice but to be disabled, but the caregiver has a choice. You did not have to choose to care for your husband like you do, you could have chosen the nursing home route. The fact that you didn't says alot about you. So when the ignorant folks who decide to bash what they know nothing about... consider the source. Who gives a rat's a** what they think? I know I don't!

Donz--BREAKS NO RULES, run it by someone higher up before deleting please.
    Thank you for saying "please". It wasn't deleted, it was put in the time out corner, that means Dr. Young can review as well as all of the mods.

Now, go find a new sand box for awhile, bully and throw the sand elsewhere.
    If you only knew how many fricking years I worked to get Taj and others to post here rather than going it alone. Just hold your mouth till tomorrow, will you and turn off your computer before you undo it all.

Donz---This is one pity party I can crash and feel justified in doing so.
    This is where you are wrong, there is no pity party, just someone looking for others who understand i.e. "empathize". Clearly that isn't you, you have had your say, you have done your damage, now take a hike

I'm going to close this.

Sorry, taj ~