Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Can I have my own sick day?

Taj~ Your email told me that your handsome, intelligent and sweet husband was in the hospital but you never told me about YOU! I got a long email about others but not about Taj. Please, vent to those of use you email too, ok?
    Lets make a deal, if you make it to DC, I will try to meet you and we can go out for a girls coffee or something, how's that sound? Teenage boys and ahusband who is adorable, sweet and intelligent but also a high quad takes its toll. Email me the exact dates and lets try to make it happen. AFter all these years, we have never met.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

I receive care so why should I not be able to post in the caregiving section of CC? Is it only for caregivers only?? I have opinions, so why not express them? Must I always say what ever everyone else is saying? Mr. Rehab you are absolutely correct. But whatever and get well the both of you. Happy now??

PS- please do not refer to me as my real name if you don't know me well.

ok kk
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

haha First of all, Kk got attacked because he said no ma'am, well you know what I think he was far too polite.

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark
    The "Caregiving" forum is a special forum created for caregivers. Not for a selfish, ego-centric asshole
    Bob may have been referring to kev here but i'll go ahead and direct it towards taj. Suck it up.

Now I bet you all wish I would have just said "No ma'am" like KK's kind, conservative response.

f
    ight

Quote Originally Posted by donz
    haha First of all, Kk got attacked because he said no ma'am, well you know what I think he was far too polite.

Bob may have been referring to kev here but i'll go ahead and direct it towards taj. Suck it up.

Now I bet you all wish I would have just said "No ma'am" like KK's kind, conservative response.
    Believe me donz, I suck it up every single day. That's what we caregivers do, suck it up at the expense of our own health and needs. But thanks for your thoughtful advice. I'll check with my quad husband and see just what other "sucking it up" he wants from me.

Trish

I knew you'd see it my way.

f
    ight

i'll go ahead and direct it towards taj. Suck it up.

No, actually, I think it's good to know when we're dealing with folks who have all the maturity of a toddler in need of a nap.

It keeps us from taking you all that seriously, you know? My standard response to my own toddlers when they were this ridiculously self-centered was boredom . . . of course, I knew that they would grow out of it eventually. Are you?

taj ~~ I know this won't help in the situation you're in, but I'm saying it for later, and for everybody else who might need to hear it: it's okay to take a couple of days for yourself even when you're not sick. Forgive me if you already know this and have made a practice of it, okay? An occasional solo weekend away can keep you sane and help you deal when this kind of unfair shit comes along.

Forgive me for not showing sympathy for the distressed wife of a quad with serious, possibly life-threatening complications. I don't come in this "caregiving" section often, but I doubt it was intended for voicing complaints about supposed loved ones with conditions totally out of their control. Call me crazy, but it sounds as if Taj feels her 'beloved' husband is nothing more than a nagging responsibility. Excuse my immaturity Kate.
    Last edited by donz; 07-15-2007 at 03:29 PM.

f
    ight

Forgive me for not showing sympathy for the distressed wife of a quad with serious, possibly life-threatening complications. I don't come in this "caregiving" section often, but I doubt it was intended for voicing complaints about supposed loved ones with conditions totally out of their control. Call me crazy, but it sounds as if Taj feels her 'beloved' husband is nothing more than a nagging responsibility. Excuse my immaturity Kate.
    Get the HELL out of the caregiving forum. You haven't a clue about our lives. He is not a nagging responsibility. He is my husband that I care for and love very much. Excuse me for needing a couple days to heal my own injury. I don't appreciate your comments. My post was directed at other caregivers who understand what I am saying, not ignorant, self-centered, paras that probably don't have a clue what a high level quad lives with.

At this point, I am not sure why CC even has a caregiving forum. If caregivers can't get support from each other without all the carees weighing in with their snide, rude, offensive comments, what is the use of the forum?

Trish

Kevin got attacked because he popped off hatefully in a thread started by a woman seeking comfort in the forum designed for that purpose. Bully and ye shall be bullied, it's the Law of the Internet.

Wonderful. Now I'm not only crippled and highly inconvenienced by SCI, I'm in a club with members I'm ashamed to claim. What is the matter with you people? How can you-nay, how DARE you-tell a caregiver having a bad time to "Suck it up"? She's hurt her ankle and has someone that requires her physical care! In just my years as a mother of healthy children, I learned that it is HARD WORK to care for others. Demanding, relentless, underpaid, thankless and important hard work.

Kate, donz doesn't need a nap. He needs grounded from his computer until he is fit to interact with the grownups.

He's full of courage.com...the kind of courage that bolsters one when they can hide behind an internet provider. I like to think that prior to Taj's husband's injury he would have delivered a beating to the bullies that abuse his wife. Can't help but hope some nice AB man will feel compelled to pick up the slack. Yep, Ima redneck.

I'm sorry, Taj, both for hijacking your thread and for your being addressed by idiots. Gawdamighty.