Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Can I have my own sick day?

Quote Originally Posted by kkmay
    Listen Bobby, you can always put me on to ignore. And the same goes for any one else. My 'quad' husband, that's really nice. If you had a paraplegic husband, would you refer to him my 'para' husband?
    I refer to him as that because I don't want to use his name. How about my handsome, loving, adorable quad husband. And yeah, if he was a para he would be my para husband. I only wish that was the case. He would consider himself "cured" if that was so.

t

Listen Bobby, you can always put me on to ignore. And the same goes for any one else. My 'quad' husband, that's really nice. If you had a paraplegic husband, would you refer to him my 'para' husband?
    And you, sir, can be asked to stay out of the caregiver's forum if you have nothing to contribute. Just - shoo- go away. these forums are not an invitation for rudeness. If you have nothing to contribute, go away.

Quote Originally Posted by taj2002
    If you don’t think someone like me deserves a sick day every now and again, then I suggest staying out of the Caregiving forum.

Trish
    kkmay, what are you doing here? Sniping? Isn't it pretty sick to "participate" only to the extent of aiming kicks at those who are already feeling particularly down?
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by marmalady
    And you, sir, can be asked to stay out of the caregiver's forum if you have nothing to contribute. Just - shoo- go away. these forums are not an invitation for rudeness. If you have nothing to contribute, go away.
    Marmalady
    Thank you for expressing my exact sentiments!!

Taj
    I have no advice but I admire your devotion & wish you all the best .

Taj,

I'm late to this party -- sorry. Of course you deserve a day, a week, more even for yourself. At the very least, you deserve a safe vent. Sorry you didn't get that. Can you increase your PCA help or get some additional assistace for a little while? Ireally feel for the careivers in this forum. Without you the lives of your loved ones would b so very different.

That some can't appreciate the commitment that spouse-caregivers make is --well I spent several minutes trying to find an adjective that won't start a flame war. but I can't--.

I'm glad that hubby's feeling better and I hope that you feel better soon too.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Kevin......you made one of your normally harmless flippant comments, it didn't go down wel thanks to the nature of the thread. Have the decency and maturity not to turn this into another thread full of fighting can't you?
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

The "ignore" comment is good advice. Now he knows he's bugged you he'll never stop.

Gaw, Mr. Sensitive, since when do you mind being referred to as a quad?

Taj, I wish you could have a sick day but not be sick, just to go to a spa or the library or something luscious. I'm editing the insults to Kevin out here, sometimes they fly when they shouldn't.

Trish, I sure sympathize with you. I have it a lot easier than you, as my parawife Carolyn is only T-5, but I always have a fear that I will be ill some day when I'm needed. So far I've been lucky. I wish we could all trade days off!
    - Richard

Kevin ...
    I understand you were trying to be funny ... however I must agree with the comments made here .. you have taken it too far this time .... passions and tensions run very high in Caregiving .. it is unlike other forums in that way ... the posters here must feel safe to vent when they need to .. it is the basic premise for the forum! I don't have a quad husband as you know .. he is a para .. and I admire and hold high regard for those caring for their SO or child (in some cases) for all that that entails .. its a very difficult situation as you .. well .. know .... I am asking you to please show them the same respect or better yet I (respectfully) request you either just read the threads (to gain some insight) or simply avoid Caregiving altogether !

I appreciate your cooperation!

(This was intended to be a PM Kevin but apparently you have that box unchecked so I posted this here.)

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Gosh Taj .... Bill has been in the hosp a number of times since he was injured and I know the feeling of trepidation about leaving them alone ... but at least he can call for a nurse or change the TV channel or even phone someone when he gets bored .. what you're dealing with is a whole other ball of wax! Blessings on you and I pray you get a day or a week or even an hour to care for you .. just you .... very soon!! Healing thoughts .......

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry