Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Total Disgust. What do you think?

Total Disgust. What do you think?

As I have the total misfortune for having AOL my homescreen page, I saw Andrew Speaker - the arrogant fool who flew around Europe then back to North America with TB. It was inevitable. He's getting sued. If these overly litigous passengers had indeed contracted TB, okay. But, they did not. I knew there would be ambulance-chasing (or, in this case, 747-chasing) attorneys all wringing their greedy hands and salivating over getting other passengers who flew w/Speaker on the several flights he made. I read the news story and am utterly disgusted. These people do not have TB, can't they just be content knowing they have their health? These aren't Americans either. They are Czech and Canadians. I think this is just as absurd as the man who sued the laundromat for 54M because they ruined his trousers. And, for the record, I think Speaker is an arrogant fool to do what he did. I certainly do not support him, either.
    You know my POV. What's your's?

Quote Originally Posted by Michaela
    As I have the total misfortune for having AOL my homescreen page, I saw Andrew Speaker - the arrogant fool who flew around Europe then back to North America with TB. It was inevitable. He's getting sued. If these overly litigous passengers had indeed contracted TB, okay. But, they did not. I knew there would be ambulance-chasing (or, in this case, 747-chasing) attorneys all wringing their greedy hands and salivating over getting other passengers who flew w/Speaker on the several flights he made. I read the news story and am utterly disgusted. These people do not have TB, can't they just be content knowing they have their health? These aren't Americans either. They are Czech and Canadians. I think this is just as absurd as the man who sued the laundromat for 54M because they ruined his trousers. And, for the record, I think Speaker is an arrogant fool to do what he did. I certainly do not support him, either.
    You know my POV. What's your's?
    They deserve each other.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Maybe, though Speaker is married. They are both attorneys gone bad. One black the other white both totally stupid.

I was disgusted as well.

Actually, the Canadian was banned from travelling, which means he cannot continue with his research stuff which he was doing. He sat directly infront of him. BTW, he's only seeking 140,000. He's also been quarintened until all tests are done.

His roommate is sueing too, but it's 30,000. The other cases are more frivalous, but the guy knowingly went to Mtrl and drove back to the states. 1 in a 1000 odds of getting it, but it's the same as a person with HIV sleeping around.

A conscious desiscion to do something that'll possibly kill someone is what is disgusting.

Somehow this doesn't bother me much. The guy knowingly put himself first and others at risk because he wanted to get somewhere. They have lost plenty of sleep and freaked out every time they coughed, no doubt. Screw him.

Last week my son dumped me on a sidewalk in Santa Fe NM. The cause of the dumpage, and what I landed on, was a blazing hot plate of metal on the sidewalk. I have major burns on my legs. I wish I was litigious because Santa Fe has the money to fix the damned sidewalks (also I could use some of that money!) Would I be wrong to pursue it?

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    Last week my son dumped me on a sidewalk in Santa Fe NM. The cause of the dumpage, and what I landed on, was a blazing hot plate of metal on the sidewalk. I have major burns on my legs.
    Oh, no! That is the suck, Betheny. Should you go after the city for putting your health in jeopardy? Ask a lawyer.

AOL is your homepage and you haven't changed it? Yes, digusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho
    AOL is your homepage and you haven't changed it? Yes, digusted.
    Hahaha.... nice!

Betheny, you is absolutely right!

Wow, sorry to hear about the burns. Forget suing the city, though, go after the sun: he's the bastard responsible!
    vgrafen

My book, 'Scouring the globe for a cure: a disabled man's experiences with stem cell treatment' is available at Booklocker at the following address:

www.booklocker.com/books/2857.html

A percentage of every sale goes to CareCure.