Thread: Imagine

Cool Imagine

Imagine if it was scientifically and clinically proven that plegia causes your brain circuits to direct its power toward other brain activities such as thinking, smelling, hearing, tasting, seeing, intelligence, cognitive features etc... Bottomline, this makes you superman in every other sense except for the fact you'll become paralyzed...

Would in the next day, we see firms making benefit of this fact and innovating what they can call "plegio-genic intervention" a way to redirect your brain circuits to achieve all the above miraculous characteristics but leave you paralyzed?

Would a human sacrifice the use of his limbs to achieve superman status?

Would s/he make such a choice?

Ironic you called it "Superman" status.... Broken neck.... Chris Reeves...

It currently just directs the brain's power to the anger, depression and frustration centers.

Who would want super taste? Wouldn't everything just taste too strong then? "This white rice is too strong!" When would that be a positive superpower? "I think someone peed in the pool. Let me check. Yes I can definately taste trace amounts of urine in this water."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B
    It currently just directs the brain's power to the anger, depression and frustration centers.

Who would want super taste? Wouldn't everything just taste too strong then? "This white rice is too strong!" When would that be a positive superpower? "I think someone peed in the pool. Let me check. Yes I can definately taste trace amounts of urine in this water."
    Jeff, IMO this "supersenses" thing wouldn't make things "too" anything. Compared to us, dogs have supersmell but to watch them, this doesn't oveload the capacity. It seems only to enhance it. If they can find minute traces of a drug scent in a factory so rank with the reek of petrolium, benzene, etc., (which they do) the increase in the capacity must only register as a plus. I would love to have my senses ubered to some hypothetical super level.

OTH, in reality I don't see any evidence that anything like this happens when people get SCIed. If that were the case we would find plegics watching films and getting so much out of them that they could/would become the best movie critics in the world, instead of being near apathetic as so many are even decades post.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Would I be able to fly like Superman?...

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    Jeff, IMO this "supersenses" thing wouldn't make things "too" anything. Compared to us, dogs have supersmell but to watch them, this doesn't oveload the capacity. It seems only to enhance it.
    Yes, but they like the smell of shit.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B

LOL ...