Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: which tub bench

which tub bench

My new apartment does not have a roll in shower so I am getting a tub bench to shower. Looking for pros and cons of these two or any suggestions about others. The first is a sliding bench the other stationary. I have only tried transfers to a stationary tub bench. Thanks!!!

http://ucanhealth.com/goto.php?page=...sfer_bench.php

http://ucanhealth.com/goto.php?s=int...p&graph1=7958A
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

anyone?
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Aly, I do have a roll in shower, but I still transfer to a shower bench, I don't have a roll in shower chair. Mine looks like this. I think the important thing is that the legs are sturdy, with good suction cups. After I transfer, I have to scooot over a bit. If you aren;t good at scooting, that one that slides might be helpful.

edited to add ..... question on the sliding one, does the handle on the side get out of the way for transferring onto it?
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I'll just say that I got one with a hard plastic seat, but I wish I had gotten one with the cushioned seat instead. Probably end up giving this one to Goodwill sometime and switching to cushioned.

Aly...I recently got one. Its a Luminex,from Medical Club, for $124, including shipping. Mine has the hole to wash your buttockies, which, from a redneck perspective is truly needed. .....good luck, John

http://www.allegromedical.com/browse...rase=tub+bench

mines all the way down on the left. didn't need the hole in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423
    question on the sliding one, does the handle on the side get out of the way for transferring onto it?
    The handle that is cosest to the seat is easily removable...according to the web site.
    www.cawvsports.org

John even from a non-redneck perspective a clean tail is a must.
    www.cawvsports.org

This is the one I use.
    http://www.allegromedical.com/bathro...h-p214665.html
    I think it's the same one graybeard is talking about. Before this on I had one from Sunrise Medical and the cushion kept tearing (twice in the first year) so when the warranty ended I replaced it with the Lumex and haven't had any problems yet.
    "There's too many things to get done, and I'm running out of days" 3 Doors Down

hi aly, ive got the sliding transfer bench its simular to the one pictured , except is hard plastic seat and it does not have the handle on the seat ,i think the handle would get in the way during transfer . i desighned a lock for the seat so it will not move during transfer . before i had the lock , the transfer was dangerous . ive had my poop and shower chair for over 3yrs and its still holding up . i prefer the hard plastic over cushion material . im a c7-c8 totally independent . the transfer to the shower chair is the hardest of transfers , im use to doing the transfer but i still worry and pay close attention to every detail of this transfer. i like it because i do my bowel and shower in one transfer . i poop set the bucket out of the tub and shower , everyday ! im a clean quad . good luck with the apartment