Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Acronyms used on this site

OB/GYN - obstretrician/gynechologist
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

c4-5 quad

wow, an old thread brought to light again....In the past many months of doing wedding planning & such, I've learned that an age old abbreviation that means one thing to the rest of the world means something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT in wedding terms....so, hey, just for good measure...

STD means Save The Date.....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

TBI - Traumatic Brain Injury

This is great, but I would have never thought to go on a site search for these definitions. I think these abbreviations and acronyms should be compiled into an alphabetical list and posted on the blue banner along with "Home", "FAQ", "Community","Calendar", "New Posts," etc. The title could be "Care Cure Dictionary", Every day there are folks new to the site and new to spinal cord injury. The injury and all of the attendant difficulties are intimidating enough. Insider jargon, abbreviations, and acronyms can create barriers to communication, understanding and education. This could be a very user friendly addition.
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    This is great, but I would have never thought to go on a site search for these definitions. I think these abbreviations and acronyms should be compiled into an alphabetical list and posted on the blue banner along with "Home", "FAQ", "Community","Calendar", "New Posts," etc. The title could be "Care Cure Dictionary", Every day there are folks new to the site and new to spinal cord injury. The injury and all of the attendant difficulties are intimidating enough. Insider jargon, abbreviations, and acronyms can create barriers to communication, understanding and education. This could be a very user friendly addition.
    GJ
    That is a great idea gjnl.

6. 10-13-2010, 07:24 PM

TAB=Temporarily Able Bodied

I had a therapist in rehab who referred to ABs (able bodied) as TABs instead.

All the best,
    GJ

That's about the size of it!

D0N = Director of Nursing.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by PN View Post
    D0N = Director of Nursing.
    More common term used now days is CNO (Chief Nursing Officer).

(KLD)

Wow, great! Especially for foreigners (who don't have English as their native language).
    Very helpful, TNX