Thread: Senna-S

Unhappy Senna-S

I would like to know the difference between Senna and Senna-S? I've been taking Senna for years but it now causes hard bm's. Even with Miralax or milk of mag. Is there something else to loosen the stool? My digestive system has become super slow too.

i wonder if taking reglan would help you have better bowel movements.

i take reglan 4 times a day

nurse ?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

c4-5 quad

senna s seems to be like pericolce, it is stool softener and senna. ingrediats per tab
    Calcium Sennoside In each Tablet - 8.6 mg , Docusate Sodium 50 mg
    senna by itself it a stimulant laxative .
    maybe you need to icrease your water intake? it is hot now
    cauda equina

this i didnt know

duplicate see next post
    cauda equina

thisi didnt know

Casanthranol, which is contained in PeriColace®, is being removed from the market. Senokot S®, which contains 8.6mg senna and 50mg docusate has been selected as the substitute for PeriColace®.. An equivalent dose to 1 capsule of Peri Colace® would be 2 tablets of Senokot S®. Since there is not a Senokot S® liquid formulation, Senokot ® liquid 5mls (8.8mg senna) given with docusate 15ml (50mg doucsate) will be used as a subsitute for 15ml of PeriColace ® . Pharmacists have been approved to use these substitutions for all PeriColace® orders .

looks like they changed the formula the new pericolace has this
    Active Ingredients (in each Tablet): Docusate Sodium (50 mg), Sennosides (8.6 mg). Inactive Ingredients: Carnauba Wax, Colloidal Silicon Dioxide, Croscarmellose Sodium, Dicalcium Phosphate, FD&C Blue No. 2, FD&C Red No. 40, Hypromellose, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, PEG-400, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide
    cauda equina

I use senn c plus, for almost 5 yrs now, plus Mirilax and lately been adding a CVS brand says compare to colace. Seems to be doing pretty good lately, Except for a explosion last friday night while in bed

my understanding is that the senna s is the stimulant while just plain senna is a vegetable laxative. my doc said it is safer than the stimulant.

Yep, the Senokot-S is both stool softener and a mild laxative combined. Just remember to transition on/off it slowly, or you could find yourself making quite a mess!