Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are the little things you miss most?

What are the little things you miss most?

For me, it's Dance Dance Revolution! (on the PS2) Fantastic exercise, and lots of fun going head-to-head with the kids. I actually got pretty good, seven-foot and even a few eight-foot songs.

Not that there aren't alternative replacements for frivolous fun now, but when I couldn't play DDR anymore the kids lost interest too so it hasn't been played in a while. Maybe with the Wii they could come up with, I dunno, Arm Arm Revolution or something.

This could be a long list, but I'll only name a few little things that I took for granted and miss..

Getting in and out of a car in two seconds.
    Getting dressed fast.
    Whoopie the way it use to be.

Many more, but I'll stop there.
    Last edited by RaeRae; 07-08-2007 at 02:42 PM.
    T-5 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by RaeRae
    This could be a long list, but I'll only name a few little things that I took for granted and miss..

Getting in and out of a car in two seconds.
    Getting dressed fast.
    Whoopie they way it use to be.
    Yeah, me too. These are big things that really suck for most of us. For some reason, though I find the countless little things bother me more sometimes, which makes no sense but that's the emotion I feel. Like when I look at portraits of my kids I hung high up on the wall a while ago, and realizing I can't reach high enough to change them anymore. Or when a light burns out and I need someone else to change it for me. Or the fact that I can't carry my daughter up to bed when she falls asleep on the floor in the living room. I get a hundred little reminders of these things every day, even though they aren't really problems, it's almost a constant onslaught of negative feelings. Helps to rant a bit about it though.

the smallest things really.
    ironing my clothes.
    shaving my head by myself.
    standing up against the wall with a cup in my hand at a party lol.
    cooking.
    drawing.
    stretching and yawning in the morning.
    soooo many things. i miss them all the same...
    JUST GLAD TO BE ALIVE

I didn't think about the morning stretch... that too. I miss the feeling of a good morning or at night stretch
    T-5 incomplete

It must be really hard when children are involved and your accident happens. I myself don't have any, but have hope to one day. Times ticking so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    Yeah, me too. These are big things that really suck for most of us. For some reason, though I find the countless little things bother me more sometimes, which makes no sense but that's the emotion I feel. Like when I look at portraits of my kids I hung high up on the wall a while ago, and realizing I can't reach high enough to change them anymore. Or when a light burns out and I need someone else to change it for me. Or the fact that I can't carry my daughter up to bed when she falls asleep on the floor in the living room. I get a hundred little reminders of these things every day, even though they aren't really problems, it's almost a constant onslaught of negative feelings. Helps to rant a bit about it though.
    T-5 incomplete

Man I thought I was the only one that misses a good morning stretch. I tell people all the time that man if I could just stretch my body I would feel so much better. I miss standing under a hot shower for 5 or 10 mins. Speaking of showers i miss sex in the shower to.lol

Hard to begin-
    1. Weeding my garden
    2. lying on the floor tickiling the kids
    3. getting in and out of a boat.
    Better stop now so I don't get too depressed. I am trying to be thankful for all the things I can still do (maybe some a different way). Trying to keep the faith-summer has been harder than I thought it would be.

Kathy

Very simple everything that I can't do now
    Be always determined in Life and Love

Getting in or out of bed whenever I feel like it without having to wait for someone to do it. And everything else I could do for myself that I depend on people for now.