Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZRA: V-front vs Taper? Ergonomic Seating?

Also 1a & 3

don't forget, footrest is measured between the bars, from a couple inches above the plate. So an 11" width on a zr will mean the front is 13.5" from outside to outside. Is that what you want?

amyk

"don't forget, footrest is measured between the bars, from a couple inches above the plate. So an 11" width on a zr will mean the front is 13.5" from outside to outside. Is that what you want?"

I want as narrow as possible front end that I can manage. The measurement on my old chair (a 'V' front end) is a 16" wide seat, and the foot rest, as you note "a couple inches above the plate" is 10.5" between the bars, this would make the front end 13" from outside to outside? Is this to wide? I know that we are all different but... Would the Quickie GTi be the same configuration?

Not sure if I can make the foot rest width any narrower than 10". I could squeeze another 1/2" out of it.
    Last edited by Garyis; 08-14-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: changed wording
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Don't get the foot rest too narrow or you'll have to take them off the rest to transfer. Wish I had gone an inch wider. Would also make more space for the Freewheel attachment.

Thanks for this note; "Wish I had gone an inch wider"

This I will keep in mind!
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

do you like the 10.5" you have? i chose mine by putting on my slippers (which are a little wider than my normal shoes, placing my feet on the floor with a book at each side, and measuring inbetween. thats how i came up with 8.5" - but i specifically wanted a close fit. as patrick points out, you need to decide if you will want to use a freewheel or other attachment. how flexible do you want/need to be in terms of footwear? i went with a tighter fit so my feet dont have the opportunity to move around on the footplate, but is that suitable for you? do you put your feet on the floor to transfer, or do you need to be able to twist them on the plate?

your overall front width will always be the internal width + (bars x 2). zr bars are 1.25 (meaning footrest + 2.5), tr (which is what i have) bars are 1" (fr +2). this is approximate. the actual measurement is taken about 2.5" above the plate, so basically the width of the plate surface itself will be (a tiny amount) narrower if you have a v front, where the bars arent parallel...

just a quick question...

can the footrest with v front end raised upward?i've been thinking about this.logically, i cant, right?
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Yes, you can adjust up and down. Up does not have as much adjustment, particularly with a Tilite. I get ~1.5" up and 2" down with my V front end Mg.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by nia adha View Post
    just a quick question...

can the footrest with v front end raised upward?i've been thinking about this.logically, i cant, right?
    Yes. It has the same upward adjustability as the tapered front. That said, TiLite provides limited upward adjustability with either style. They only give you the ability to move it up ~1.5" from where it was originally spec'd.

If you are basing your seat-to-footrest measurement on another chair and it does not have a bend that starts right in front of the upholstery, you need to account for the shorter frame. Spec conservatively, you can always adjust downward.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...7&postcount=27

good to know, because i do need the 1.5" shorter seat to footrest increments.

can it be cut to make it shorter?just curious...
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyis View Post
    I'm going with a 16 X 16 inch seat width and depth, and an 11 inch foot rest.

My question is: using above measurements, will the "V-Front end" give me a smaller 'foot print' in regards to turning radius and the ability to manuver in close quarters.

Or, will the "standard front end" be better in this regard?

Gary
    I have 1A + 3

I went from 11" footrest to 12". This gives more space for luggage carriers without getting my feet caught by the luggage carrier mounting clamps when transferring.

A standard front end may enable the front casters to be closer together.