Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A July Mid-Year Report on CareCure

A July Mid-Year Report on CareCure

I haven't provide an update of CareCure traffic for a long time. Here is a report. We are currently getting over a million page views per month and over 100,000 visitors per month.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 07-06-2007 at 10:58 PM.

Just in case some did not or don't have the time to see the attached document, basically we are now getting over 100,000 visitors per month, looking at over 1,000,000 page views. Many are repeat visitors of course but we had over 47,000 absolutely unique visitors. About 10% of our visitors came back nearly 200 times during the period. People are averaging 10 minutes per visit and 10 page views.

We have been getting a lot of non-registered traffic, people coming from Google to look at our site. About half of our visitors are of that ilk. On most days, 3000-4000 unique visitors come to our site.

Wise.

over a million visitors a year. Wish there was some way of getting at least a small percentage of these visitors to donate directly to sci research from this website.

Quote Originally Posted by IanTPoulter
    over a million visitors a year. Wish there was some way of getting at least a small percentage of these visitors to donate directly to sci research from this website.
    Anyone who wants to can click on the Collaborative Neuroscience icon at the top left of the page. The SCI Project is tax deductible too.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton
    Anyone who wants to can click on the Collaborative Neuroscience icon at the top left of the page. The SCI Project is tax deductible too.
    Sue thanks. I had no idea that was an active icon, I wonder if the majority of visitors realise, can I suggest a more aggressive approach?
    Also is there a way to donate directly to the China Scinet trials?
    Last edited by IanTPoulter; 07-07-2007 at 09:36 PM.

Ian,

We have set up two non-profit organizations. One is called the China Spinal Cord injury Network Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to running the clinical trials in China. The second was called China Spinal Cord Injury Fund but the name is now being changed to Hong Kong Spinal Cord Injury Fund because most the funding is coming from Hong Kong and we are planning to set up a separate fundraising organization in China.

The web site for the China Spinal Cord Injury Fund (soon to be renamed the Hong Kong SCI Fund) will soon be up. At soon as that web site is up, people will be able to donate to that organization which is headed by Suzanne Poon. Why two organizations? I wanted to separate the fundraising side of the network from the organization running the clinical trials, so that there would be no conflict of interest.

We have not had a "more aggressive approach" because of my reticence to use CareCure for fundraising. I believe that people who really want to donate to us will find a way to do so. In any case, I do not want this site to be perceived as a Rutgers University fundraising tool. I allowed the Keck Center link on the top left of the site only after much soul-searching.

All donations to the Keck Center will be used solely for spinal cord injury research. People can donate directly to a ChinaSCINet fund at Rutgers that we have established, supporting the activities of that initiative. At the present, I am personally donating all the funds for upkeep of this site. All moderators are working voluntarily, including myself.

Wise
    Last edited by Wise Young; 07-08-2007 at 08:14 AM.

It goes without saying, but I'm going to say it anyway, your efforts and time and that of all the others that donate their time to this site and beyond for the cause of improving the lives of those with neurological conditions are immensely appreciated by all of us.

Wise, you're a man that stands about 200 feet tall. I don't know how you manage to keep such a busy schedule, travel, do speaking engagements, keep up with this site responding to the many posts here, keep up with obligations at the Keck Center, the China SCI trials and god knows what else.

Thank you all for your diligence and dedication.
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." ~ Thomas Jefferson

hello

hi dr wise it's been awhile but i just get so discourage at times as i'm sure well all do at time. i know it takes money but guy with a million people we can get alot of attention.the are so many amutee' back from the war untill if we could grow limbs we''d stand a chance because this country is gonna have alot of disable people to contend with.. good to be bac hope i don't offend anyone right away this is haha

Glomae! The last time I saw your name I believe you were contending with a pressure sore. I hope all is well!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    Ian,

We have set up two non-profit organizations. One is called the China Spinal Cord injury Network Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to running the clinical trials in China. The second was called China Spinal Cord Injury Fund but the name is now being changed to Hong Kong Spinal Cord Injury Fund because most the funding is coming from Hong Kong and we are planning to set up a separate fundraising organization in China.

The web site for the China Spinal Cord Injury Fund (soon to be renamed the Hong Kong SCI Fund) will soon be up. At soon as that web site is up, people will be able to donate to that organization which is headed by Suzanne Poon. Why two organizations? I wanted to separate the fundraising side of the network from the organization running the clinical trials, so that there would be no conflict of interest.

We have not had a "more aggressive approach" because of my reticence to use CareCure for fundraising. I believe that people who really want to donate to us will find a way to do so. In any case, I do not want this site to be perceived as a Rutgers University fundraising tool. I allowed the Keck Center link on the top left of the site only after much soul-searching.

All donations to the Keck Center will be used solely for spinal cord injury research. People can donate directly to a ChinaSCINet fund at Rutgers that we have established, supporting the activities of that initiative. At the present, I am personally donating all the funds for upkeep of this site. All moderators are working voluntarily, including myself.

Wise
    Dr Young, thanks for your reply. I understand that you want to keep this site for altruistic motives, I also agree with Moes comments.