Thread: Oklahoma-Texas flooding

Oklahoma-Texas flooding

Is Betheny in this mess?
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287311,00.html

I hope all is well..... I havent seen her post in a few days.

Any other members from that area?
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Yeah, I'm in it. That pic was of Ft Worth's big Loop Highway 820. It shutdown the westbound side for almost 2hrs during rushhour. The backup was like 8 miles long.
    *edit* just read that pic was not Ft Worth. But same-o same-o.

We're over on the NE side of Dallas. We just picked up another 1-2 inches today, more flooding going on. Man, we needed rain(drought for 2yrs), but enough is enough. I will gladly share. Every lake is overfull now. One lake was -12ft 2 months ago, it is now +12ft. Land below dams is so soggy that they cannot release water w/o causing more major flooding. Catch22.

Only good news, no deaths lately. People have finally figured out, you don't drive into flood zones. Bad news, no end in sight to this.

Hope Betheny is ok too, Ok got hit hard also.
    Last edited by McDuff; 07-05-2007 at 05:09 PM.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

alot of streets flooded here - a few minutes away homes have 5' water inside - we are dry at home and don't expect flooding around our streets.

The lake that I said was 12ft over(Lake Grapevine), is now 19ft over.

Lake Texoma(Tx/Ok border) and one of the largest lakes around, is now 22ft over and rising an inch an hour. They have floodgates open and it is still rising. It is expected to crest it's spillway today, only 3rd time ever, in 70yr history.

Every river basin in N. Tx is at flood stage, don't think this has ever happened before.

Good news, we are supposed to see the sun tomorrow. Yeah buddy. Bad news for East Tx, though, the rain is still gonna hang there.

My cousin lives in Stillwater, OK. Fortunately, her only problem has been water in her basement every day. She's pretty far from any river or stream.

Speaking of water, it's been 35 years since Tropical Storm Agnes went up the East Coast. Agnes caused severe flooding in Maryland and elsewhere, but not like what I'm seeing in Texas and Oklahoma.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff
    The lake that I said was 12ft over(Lake Grapevine), is now 19ft over.

Lake Texoma(Tx/Ok border) and one of the largest lakes around, is now 22ft over and rising an inch an hour. They have floodgates open and it is still rising. It is expected to crest it's spillway today, only 3rd time ever, in 70yr history.

Every river basin in N. Tx is at flood stage, don't think this has ever happened before.

Good news, we are supposed to see the sun tomorrow. Yeah buddy. Bad news for East Tx, though, the rain is still gonna hang there.
    Glad to hear you're o.k. buddy.It's crazy what is happening around the world.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Alan - yeah, hurricanes dump torrential rains, but at least they usually keep moving, even if slowly. This Low Pressure thingie has been hanging here for weeks. Was weird, when it rained, it RAINED, no drizzle, just big drops.

Geno - thanks man. We are on high ground, so worst we get is a river of water running thru our backyard from side to side, so house is safe. Sure hope this stuff doesn't move over to y'all. Hopefully it will travel to where rain is needed.

Betheny/CLC/other Okies - Where aaarrre you? High and dry we hope.

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff
    Alan - yeah, hurricanes dump torrential rains, but at least they usually keep moving, even if slowly. This Low Pressure thingie has been hanging here for weeks. Was weird, when it rained, it RAINED, no drizzle, just big drops.

Geno - thanks man. We are on high ground, so worst we get is a river of water running thru our backyard from side to side, so house is safe. Sure hope this stuff doesn't move over to y'all. Hopefully it will travel to where rain is needed.

Betheny/CLC/other Okies - Where aaarrre you? High and dry we hope.
    Hey McDuff

been lucky here, rains been far enough apart no major flooding, not sure bout the other okies?

think it was 1987? we had a flood that washed out several bridges & sections of i35, i had just got back from a surgery in denver about 2am driving in water about a foot deep, i almost attempted to cross a bridge just a mile from my house water was still, not rushing, bridge was under water about 2 foot, decided to go a diff way, got home about 6am

next day i could see i wouldn't have made it much farther than i went, deep ditches about 4 foot deep washed across road. the next rain few days latter the bridge went,

don't drive in deep water

edited to add: Alan i was in stillwater today live about 24mi westof there

Proud mom of a US Marine Sgt., Camp Lejeune, NC
    I just came back from the Dallas (Mesquite / Balch springs) and the Corsicana area and it wasn't too bad there. The rivers and lakes were pretty high but we didn't come across any areas were people were displaced because of the flooding.
    I was suprised because the Trinity River can be a real beast anytime it rains hard.
    If the Army & the Navy ever look on heavens scenes, they will see the streets are guarded by United States Marines!

www.jccarolinaformals.com
    www.myspace.com/jccarolina
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/JC-Car...10436735695158

I'm okay, and thanks for asking! We always go to Kansas for the 4th, but it is all flooded-so I'm in New Mexico! My cousin in Albuquerque had a party for the 4th, after that I came to Santa Fe. Other than wicked altitude sickness, all is well. Our house stayed dry, but Kansas is having floods like I've never seen before.