Thread: Ideas for work-related expenses

Ideas for work-related expenses

I will soon be ineligible for my state's waiver program to cover my attendent care, and will be entering into the Pa Act-150 program. The more spend-downs (legitimate ones) I have, the less my monthly fee will be. So I'm trying to be sure I've considered all ideas...

Do you mean things like travelling expenses, medical spend or larger expenses such as adaptive equipment?

What do you claim for already?
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

I plan on claiming all medical supplies that aren't covered by insurance, my health insurance premiums, but beyond that I'm not sure.

Possible Deductions

The PASS plan gives you a list of all deductable items. Some items that qualify are as follows:
    [LIST][*]medications[*]DME[*]Non-prescription items ie.magicbullet,latex gloves[*]medical equipment---script for handcycle makes it deductable if for health reasons[*]Modified vehicle--payment related to modifications[*]any "special clothing items[*]PCA care[*]assistive tech that you pay for[*]hand splints to write[*]cell phone for emerency[*]Plus many more

Do you work with a voc rehab counselor? Do you have a formal PASS plan in place? Did you process for Ticket to Work?

All these programs will allow you to keep more of your SS money for longer while allowin for deductions to help cover expenses necessary for you to work.

Hope this helps some. I will try to locate links and resources for you.
    Last edited by cheesecake; 07-07-2007 at 04:06 PM. Reason: fix errors
    Every day I wake up is a good one

If I am able to make deductions for attendant care costs, how would that work in this instance. My income-deductions=my monthly contribution towards attendant care costs. So how could I deduct my care costs?

Quote Originally Posted by landrover
    If I am able to make deductions for attendant care costs, how would that work in this instance. My income-deductions=my monthly contribution towards attendant care costs. So how could I deduct my care costs?
    If you have a PASS plan,the Feds take your itemizations that assist you in working and allow you to deduct it fromyour salary. In essence,you will have one set of deductions for your state services and a second set of deductions for SS. Does that make sense?

I no longer receive SSI or SSDI.

i'm not sure of the question here but if you have pca's who help you get ready for work that you pay for out of pocket, they are a work-related expense. i did it for yrs. so is transportation to work. i had to report to ssa once a yr with the proof of payment (receipts, cancelled chks, etc.).

the only medical items i could claim were out of pocket assistive devices, of which i had none except share of cost type things (not much).

Quote Originally Posted by landrover
    I no longer receive SSI or SSDI.
    PM me so I can see how I can help.