Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowel routine tips and tricks?

Bowel routine tips and tricks?

For the past 5 years I've been using this.

Worked great. A bit of gel on the tip and away I go. However, the handle was breaking and my PCA accidentally threw it away with the garbage. Now I'm using this.

Any tips on how to use this thing? Is it just a matter of practice and maneouvering. Should I go between the legs? I'm used to giving my bum the flank attack, stimulation from the side with a hand-mirror in the other. I try to position my hand properly with the new thing but its tough. Especially trying to use the mirror in the other. Any suggestions would help.

Get a cute PCA to do it for you.

Those wands scare me. How can you tell if you're accidentally squeezing a roid etc.? Do you get any mild sweating from AD when you use the wand?

Chris.
    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

Quote Originally Posted by cspanos
    Get a cute PCA to do it for you.
    Been there done that. I suggest anal stimulation by candlelight. During a thunderstorm. Hawt!

Those wands scare me. How can you tell if you're accidentally squeezing a roid etc.? Do you get any mild sweating from AD when you use the wand?
    It's not that bad. With a mirror and lots of gel you just poke around gently until you hit the 'sweet pot'. Then half moons towards the back for around 30 seconds. I'll get a bit of tingling but nothing uncomfortable. Then I'll sit there and drink coffee, have a smoke, contemplate life while the poop falls.

*tingle tingle*
    *ploop, ploop*

Then I'll stim some more until the poopy is soupy in consistency. Rarely, once every 3 months I guess, there will be blood on the stick, which means I popped a hemmerhoid, so I stop stimming. It's always gone by next program.

The second one does take a a little more agility, and if reaching is a problem, you just may want to replace it with one of the ones from the first picture. Our clients prefer them for the most part.

You can avoid trauma by learning to use it with a mirror first. Most people learn to go without the mirror eventually.

At least men don't have to worry about getting into the vagina by mistake like women do!

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    At least men don't have to worry about getting into the vagina by mistake like women do!
    Ahhh, the joys of SCI!

Chris.
    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

From just looking at the pics I'd guess: The new one is bending too close to your hand. You'd have to put your hand deep down in the bowl to get the right angle. Is it possible to change the bend? (both the place and the angle).

The handle of new one looks like it might not provide a solid grip, unless you have an extremely tight fist. I imagine it might both move and turn too easily inside your hand - making it difficult to control. Is it possible to attach some sort of a U-cuff instead of the strap?

I think the old one looks a lot more fit for the job, but if you can't get the same again, alterations might apply....

Yeah I asked my OT to order me another one like the first one a few months back but the supplier sent me this one by mistake. I figured I'd try and make do for awhile. cybs, the angle on the second one can be changed but it's not nearly as easy to use as the first one. My PCA can help in a pinch until I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher
    Been there done that. I suggest anal stimulation by candlelight. During a thunderstorm. Hawt!
    LOLoudzies!

Quote Originally Posted by christopher
    For the past 5 years I've been using this.

I could swear someone was killed in Hostel with that thing.

i use the short one. i transfer to the commode and i just reach under and insert and/or stim. it works fine for me..takes practice and getting use to, thats all