Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlieQCarrie
    The zombies and vampires haven't gotten me either, but some apps I like...like the horoscopes and fortune cookie. Oh and the visual bookshelf--that's my fav.

I swear I never talk to my friends unless we're face to face. We either text or use FB...we're going to be the start of the degeneration of spoken language altogether.
    It's the same way up here. We don't even text as much anymore. Why pay for it when facebooks free? One of the applications I like is the traveller IQ. Before that game I was HORRIBLE at geography.
    ~Ashley~

Last I checked I had over 400 friends on facebook, must be nice to be in college, and party w/ most of them. Although I get a lot of High School kids who think I need to be their friend because we went to the same HS, even tho we were 4 yrs apart and I dont even know em...hahaha...I like it better than Myspace. Lot easier to navigate and lookup friends..and no annoying profile pages to dicipher through...
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

thx ashley, i added the traveller iq app, now i'll never get anything done! otherwise the apps are usually so annoying! also it's funny that there's a cc group, but we all meet up here anyway.

For those who can't wait until the puppet is out of office and would appreciate a reminder that every day is a day closer - there is now a Bush countdown clock app

I'll wait, for mackerel’s too ;

Curious. I"ve never used myspace or facebook - just haven't been interested (maybe I"m too old? ), but I'm wondering how people who knew each other years ago find each other unless you have to give a fair amount of personal information?

Geez - I dont' think I'd want some of the people I went to high school with finding me.

Facebook is fun and nobody is too old or maybe I am childish?
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by Kendell
    Curious. I"ve never used myspace or facebook - just haven't been interested (maybe I"m too old? ), but I'm wondering how people who knew each other years ago find each other unless you have to give a fair amount of personal information?

Geez - I dont' think I'd want some of the people I went to high school with finding me.
    Kendell you can keep that from happening, you don't have to fill in that information or ask facebook to search for them. I did and found only 4 people from my class of more than 200 signed up. There are some fun features, Christopher, Lynnifer and I are playing a game of scrabble together. It's not just for the youngin's!
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

I felt the same Kendell ... my niece tried to turn me onto Facebook last year and I was like, 'Yeah whatever.'

One of my coworkers got a page this summer, then more, then before you know it we were all connected. It's terrific for keeping up with people, better than email ... I've searched just by knowing a person's name. Once you meet an old friend and they have old friends on their lists, you're all inter-connected ... but you can choose not to link with others. Like anything, you don't have to put in a lot of information or pictures or anything either.

It's addicting! I declare that I will win this scrabble game ... lol.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I think you'll win that scrabble game too! Ugh!!