Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Milk does not do a body good

Milk does not do a body good

http://www.pcrm.org/health/veginfo/dairy.html

The U.S. has the highest rates of dairy consumption AND the highest rates of osteoporosis. Eastern countries, like China, that consume the least dairy have the least incidence of osteoporosis. In addition, protein from plant-based sources is abundant and healthier than animal protein from milk.
    Last edited by antiquity; 07-04-2007 at 12:32 PM.

seneca do you believe everything you read on the internet?

i only read 1 paragraph and spotted about 6 lies, i wish a few city kids would take time to get out on a farm.

just for fun go back and ask your vegatarian friends about the cancer risk from peanuts, might ask them what vegetable causes more ecoli sickness than beef to.

I'd think the relevance of these supposed findings would have to be weighted by how big a role dairy/milk play in your diet.

I make scant use of dairy although I do miss the way milk used to taste back in the fifties when I was a kid. So I picked up a half gallon of orgainc milk last time I was out shopping and am waiting on Digestive Advantage's free Lactose Intolerance samples.

I'll report back but try to keep the thread alive w/o me.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by CLC379
    i only read 1 paragraph and spotted about 6 lies, i wish a few city kids would take time to get out on a farm.

just for fun go back and ask your vegatarian friends about the cancer risk from peanuts, might ask them what vegetable causes more ecoli sickness than beef to.
    Do you believe everything the meat and dairy lobbies tell you?

The link is from the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine btw which is supported by the American Medical Association. So, care to point out the 6 lies in the 1 paragraph?

Some vegetarians consume dairy so I don't get your "ask your vegetarian friends" suggestion. I can go to Pubmed for all the data I need regarding the negative effects of dairy on human health. But I suppose you'd refer to that as "lies" too.

Sorry that the link took you out of your comfort zone. No one's taking way your right to consume or interfering with your access to dairy. It was posted for information purposes.
    Last edited by antiquity; 07-04-2007 at 05:04 PM.

Let's not forget that folks in places like China actually move their asses instead of growing their asses.

I'm with you on that Dave, the Chinese are more active especially at an older age which is probably when you need it most.

I know Asian people consume a lot of soy in their diet which I believe contains calcium. Perhaps this combined with their high consumption of green vegetables is how they avoid osteoperosis, although from personal observation old people in Asia invariably have that stooped over look that seems to signal bone degeneration of some sort. Never been to China though, that may be different. I havent drunk milk in any quantity for years now and seem none the worse for it although I think people function best as omnivores, I tried a vegan diet and was completely lacking in energy despite substituting with vegetable protein. (tofu)

i need some mother milk ..immune system....
    get me a mom please ....young ,sexy and full of milk.
    thank god my mom cannot speak or understand english ..ouch...she will be very upset .
    Last edited by adi chicago; 07-04-2007 at 05:32 PM.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

right but the dairy lobby has been aggressively promoting the myth that consuming milk is healthy and prevents osteoporosis when the reality is that osteoporosis is rare in areas where people do not consume milk. yes, calcium can be acquired from other sources and physical activity alone can increase bone density. milk is neither the only nor the best source of calcium nor is milk consumption integral to bone health.

Seneca, do you have any sources or stats on osteoperosis in different countries?