Thread: any kind of injection

any kind of injection

that could make my upper back feel looser? It's ridiculous that I have to struggle to drive a power chair, and can't go very far in it!
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

I guess that depends on what's causing it to feel tight. I know when my wife hurt her back when she slipped and slid down the stairs a few months ago her back was tied in knots and spasms. All this as she was on her way out the door to work a 12 hr shift on her feet at the hospital. By the time she was done she could barely move. Anyway, I took her to urgent care after work and they gave her a Torodal injection. It did wonders for her, but it's just a muscle relaxant so i don't know if it would help you.

I feel for you bud. My lower back muscles either side of my spine clamp up so that when I get people to feel them, they think the muscles are bone. They're that hard!
    Only thing that loosens them is a nice lay down or copious amounts od Diazepam.

All the best bud.
    C-5 incomplete , walking with crutches. In controlled pain. Respect to all SCI people.

It's a combination of the tight, bone through skin, skin and muscle-ripping feeling from the central pain, actual muscle tightness, and the damn popping scapula that catches when I move my arm (I'm talking about the left arm now, as that's my chair driving arm, and the scapula that pops all the time - the right one isn't as bad yet.) I can't find a shoulder surgeon to do anything about the scapula(s), or an orthopedist to reduce my scoliosis, which might help the popping problem by improving my posture.

As I can't get that, I just want some kind of anesthetic shot or some such so it won't feel like my skin and muscles are fighting my every move (and so I won't feel every start, stop, and bump of the chair, or the van when I'm in it, as extra shooting pain in my back, just as I do in my abdomen.)
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Hi Alan, David and all,

Look past the DD and I am as if risen from the dead. Freddd. You may find I'm a real fun guy.

I have had Kenalog injections in my trapezius areas for muscle spasms, which helped with the pain. However, this was only done twice when it was really bad. It's not something I think you can do on an ongoing basis as it is a strong steroid. Maybe for some short term immediate relief it might help.