Thread: Anybody own the Honda Odyssey with the VMI conversion

Anybody own the Honda Odyssey with the VMI conversion

I took a look at one the other day and was very impressed. It would be great to get some first-hand feedback from somene who's owned one a few months.

any pics?
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Check out this link:

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...threadid=34188

I'm the maximaguy.

I would also check the user blogs at the VMI (Vantage Mobility) site.

Our Ody has performed pretty well but still has some bugs. However, if I was to do it again I would still purchase the Ody.

All the best to you.

David

is this a SUV? I must be way old school. Honda made a go-kart deal back in the late 80's called the Odyssey too...lol And they were hand controled from the factory
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

We sell the Oddysey VMI conversion where I work. I was in one today. That is one good looking van conversion. People seem to be really into them.
    "Your love is just the antidote when nothing else will cure me" ~Sarah McLachlan

Right after I posted on Monday the Ody started to malfunction.

I will take it in for repair tomorrow morning. There seems to be a problem with the door switch that tells the system that the sliding door is fully open and it is OK to deploy the ramp. The ramp will no longer deploy.

I'll try to remember to keep you updated.

Quote Originally Posted by drnissen
    Right after I posted on Monday the Ody started to malfunction.

I will take it in for repair tomorrow morning. There seems to be a problem with the door switch that tells the system that the sliding door is fully open and it is OK to deploy the ramp. The ramp will no longer deploy.

I'll try to remember to keep you updated.
    David,

Can you give an update on your Honda van experience. I talked to a VMI rep who said they have solved the circuit board problem that was causing the door/ramp problems.

I haven't heard anything good regarding the odyssey after conversion but if that's not the case let me know because my conversion bid just went out and I don't want another Chrysler piece of garbage.

Hi. For the most part, the VMI Ody has performed very well. It does have a few quirks that surface now and then, but usually it works fine.

We just took it on a 4000 mile trip to the West coast and it was a champ. We averaged over 24 mpg with the low mpg at 21 and the high of almost 28.

VMI has been very responsive in fixing this issues that arise and I would highly recommend the VMI Ody. It is probably inherent in any new release to see issues that need to be resolved. The VMI Ody is no exception.

I would absolutely make the decision again to purchase the VMI Ody.

Hope this helps.