Thread: Mobility Cup 2007 - Halifax Nova Scotia

Mobility Cup 2007 - Halifax Nova Scotia

I'm in. How about you Curt?

Nova Scotia is my old playground. I went to Nova Scotia Land Survey Institute in Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia. SCUBA dived the south shore postinjury, but could never out sailing after my accident. There just weren't the opportunities that we have here in Vancouver. Hopefully this will put accessible sailing, and racing, on the map for Nova Scotians with disabilities.

I'm going to eat lobster till I burst

Got my flight, accommodation, and an old friend is lending me a van. Peggy's Cove, Lunenburg, and the Bay of Fundy are on my list of 'must sees'.

Five days of racing and lobster eating. Can't wait.

We want pictures! Friends of mine from Seattle would like to go, but it is just too far to trailer their boat, and shipping is too expensive. Are you borrowing a boat? Hopefully it will be further west next year.

(KLD)

Canadian National ships our boats by rail for free for every Mobility Cup. DSA Vancouver is shipping three boats. We could add a boat no problem( he says, as if he were in charge). I could ask if they are still interested.

Edit: I'm sailing one of our club boats, but I'm pretty sure there are charter seats available.

http://sailable.ca/mobcup.htm
    Last edited by Van Quad; 08-03-2007 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad
    Canadian National ships our boats by rail for free for every Mobility Cup. DSA Vancouver is shipping three boats. We could add a boat no problem( he says, as if he were in charge). I could ask if they are still interested.

Edit: I'm sailing one of our club boats, but I'm pretty sure there are charter seats available.

http://sailable.ca/mobcup.htm
    Good luck VQ (sounds kinda of cool, "VQ")
    Sometimes the lights all shinin on me; Other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip its been: The Grateful Dead

Thanks Westcoast. I'll need luck. I'm usually a middle of the back sailor, but last year finished much lower.

Being back in the Maritimes , where I grew up is going to be a blast. Halifax is a great city full of great people. But their accommodation of the disabled population leaves much to be desired. Landing 40 disabled sailors in the city is going to cause a stir. I can't wait.

Not as exciting as winning the Stanley Cup.

Nova Scotia is beautiful! I think there's an accessible whaling venture out of Halifax .. but I went on one out of Digby. Seeing those huge creatures in their natural habitat is a life-reaffirming experience in which I highly reccommend. David and I went with 'Captain Kenny' on Chad and Sisters Two boat .. http://www.novascotiawhalewatching.ca/ .. they lifted me right on and off the boat on the cement boat launch! That was in 2000 or 01 - thank goodness I was much lighter, hah.

I would move there in a heartbeat if I didn't have employment committments and wasn't scared of the snow in winter, lol.

The people are fantastic!

ETA: I almost forgot - good luck!!!!!
    Last edited by lynnifer; 08-04-2007 at 02:30 AM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Thanks lynnifer.

Digby is a great little find. The best scallops in the world. And the Digby Pines Hotel is an old railroad hotel/Lodge with great architecture, fantastic food, and an 18 hole golf course built in the 1929.

Hey VQ I just seen this....hope it went well, guess you'll be back in a couple days, can't wait to hear about it. I didn't even know you sailed, or that you're from Sid the kid country. Hmmmmm...learn something new everyday.