Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safari Problem/bug Help!--Mac OSX

Safari Problem/bug Help!--Mac OSX

Ok, first off, this is NOT the windowz beta Safari, it's the real deal.

A few nites ago my tabbed browsing disappeared...all my open tabs were gone. I tried to open a new tab, just got the wonderful clink noise like I'd hit a wrong key...BAH! I checked out my Preferences, tabbed browsing was unchecked...OK, odd, but I'd just recently done a system update, didn't REALLY pay attention to what all updated, maybe safari did something
    & I just need to reset my prefs...all's good in Safari-land...Or so I think....I leave my computer to go to sleep, the next time I go use it, poof tabs gone again...process of re-setting prefs ensues again...this has gone on for about 3 days now...today they disappeared WHILE I was using the computer...UGH...ANYWAY....Anyone have any idea why this is happening and what I can do to remedy it and not keep losing my open tabs/sites? This is getting REALLY annoying...I just ran system updates again and there's an update for Mac OSX and a security update so I'm downloading those, but other than those nothing for Safari...any other suggestions would be mighty helpful...TIA
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

You think downloading it again from its official site would solve the problem?

no idea. post the question on forums.macnn.com... plenty of mac geeks over there to figure it out.

in the meantime, take advantage of this opportunity to switch over to firefox2... seriously, it's better.

OK, even MORE problems now...UGH! now ALL my bookmarks and hotlinks are gone, my idisk sync hasn't been behaving(and was just sync-ing a few mins ago when I stopped it to restart the comp) so i don't know if they are there either...Add to it that Mail won't open, when I tried to it initially said that there were new features and offered the tutorial, then crashed...now every time I try to open it auto crashes...ARGH!!!! WTF is going on???

Scott- I dislike Firefox in comparison to Safari...my only complaint on Safari vs Firefox before was no tabbed browsing....Then either they added it or I just became enlightened(I'm not sure which honestly)...I only use FF when Safari is acting up...but right now it seems my whole system may have a prob... It SUCKS big time..you don't really want me to ask mac geeks do you? that means admitting I don't know as much about my ystem as I should or pretend I do...lol
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

Did you try repairing permissions?

Did you try deleting the com.apple.Safari.plist?

(Your computer) / Library / Preferences / com.apple.Safari.plist

I would post the question on the Apple support Safari thread forum.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

how do i repair permissions?

I just delete this plist file? what does it do? do I need all these other ones I have for other programs?
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing
    how do i repair permissions?

I just delete this plist file? what does it do? do I need all these other ones I have for other programs?
    The plist is property list where your Preferences are set. Sometimes the file becomes corrupt. Delete it and then reset your application preferences.
    Daniel

Call or write Apple support. That's what they are there for. They have been very responsive when I've needed help.

John
    "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

Is your problem solved?

To repair permissions, Disk Utility -> Repair Permissions
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI
    Is your problem solved?

To repair permissions, Disk Utility -> Repair Permissions
    Still having issues w/Mail...haven't had the safari prob since last nite, but that could be a coincidence...repairing permissions now, deleted safari plist. can I do the mail plist too?
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03