Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPhone

I think the first batch will be full of bugs and mess-ups, but it looks like it's going to be awesome.

I want one, but no way in h*ll am I willing to ever go back to AT&T Wireless...If Apple ever distributes them to Verizon I'll get it, but until then I'm not willing to ever support a company that outright stole money from my bank acct and to this day is trying to collect a bill I don't owe....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Quote Originally Posted by dan_nc
    I haven't quite decided. They look sleek, but I've always been sort of behind the times when it comes to technology. I figure the price will have fallen in another 6 months time, no?
    Look For Early iPhone Price Cuts
    Apple Has Plenty of Room to Cut Retail Price

January 19, 2007
    • Look For Early iPhone Price Cuts

Would you pay $499 for Apple's new iPhone? Apple is betting you will, but if not the computer maker has plenty of room to make you a deal. In fact, iSuppli, a market research firm, predicts Apple will quickly cut iPhone's price.

The reason is simple. According to iSuppli, Apple will take advantage of the "must-have" buzz surrounding its new gadget to try and get at least $499 for it, but would have a 50 percent gross profit margin at that price. Price cuts, they say, are inevitable.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/01/iphone_price.html

It sounds cool, but I'd probably break it with that touch screen. My Motorola makes a nice hammer or door stop and keeps working, I'm keeping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing
    If Apple ever distributes them to Verizon I'll get it,
    I think I read somewhere that they won't be unlockable (legally anyway) for 5 years.

The prices will go down I'm sure, but I still want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett
    for time travel, duh.

have you not seen back to the future?
    I just spent 5 minutes thinking of fun ways to get my chair up to 88 mph.

Hell, there isn't even an exact release date for Canada.

I've said it before, Apple has one hell of a PR department.. People know it's gonna be buged and yet will still pay through the wazzoo for there products.

Gotta love the hype on this thing. A number of networks are looking to have live feeds either by uplink or fiber whichever works out at the Chicago AT&T store for Friday. Man does that Apple buzz machine work, they got the news outlets really going.