Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone

iPhone

Anybody getting one at the end of the week? I want to so bad, but no coverage since I live about 10 miles northeast of nowhere. I might move.

I'm seriously considering it. Waiting for the second generation is probably the best idea but I've had this Samsung SCh I700 for way too long. Every time I get music or videos loaded up into this thing it slows down little by little then crashes.

I'm not thrilled about switching to AT&T. We'll see what happens. I guess it depends on what kind of line there is. The stores are closing down at 430 then re-opening at six. I get off work at four and will head straight over.

I wanted one really badly when they first began promoting it, then I began to re-think it. 600$ for what's been reviewed as "mediocre" and I already have an iPod and Blackberry Pearl. I, personally, hate having things that everyone else has as some sort of "status symbol". It is just so cliché.

Micha.

I think it'll be a slick device, but as mentioned, it's $600, a first-gen model, and non-upgradable (only 8gb? come on Apple). I too have a BB Pearl that cost me $130ish & I love it... does everything I need for business use & the platform is stable/proven.

I think the iPhone would be more of a novelty at the moment, plus the hype is getting annoying. I'll prob. change my mind later... time will tell.

Not that it's a lot cheaper, but isn't there a 4 gig model for $499? I would like some sort of wifi w/ a touch screen. Maybe they'll even make one with a flux capacitor in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett
    I think it'll be a slick device, but as mentioned, it's $600, a first-gen model, and non-upgradable (only 8gb? come on Apple). I too have a BB Pearl that cost me $130ish & I love it... does everything I need for business use & the platform is stable/proven.

I think the iPhone would be more of a novelty at the moment, plus the hype is getting annoying. I'll prob. change my mind later... time will tell.
    8gb = weaksauce

i'm giving it 6 months or so... cheaper and bugs worked out

hopefully it won't be a new razr
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

yeah, there's a 4gb model for $100 less, but Apple is touting the phone as a do-all device for music, video, etc... 4-8gb can fill up REAL quick for that kind of stuff... I mean, that's iPod Nano territory. They should've put a CF or SD slot in it, IMO.

the touch screen appears to be quite nice, agreed on that point.

a flux capacitor would be flat out pimp.

I haven't quite decided. They look sleek, but I've always been sort of behind the times when it comes to technology. I figure the price will have fallen in another 6 months time, no?
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho
    Maybe they'll even make one with a flux capacitor in a few years.
    What's a flux capacitor?
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by dan_nc
    What's a flux capacitor?
    for time travel, duh.

have you not seen back to the future?