Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Golden Girls Discussion

The Golden Girls Discussion

Who else loves this show as much as I do? Do you own any of the DVD sets? Favorite episodes? Favorite characters? Memories it brings you?

Share anything. I'd be interested in talking about this great show with others who love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyhlnL0AbmI

We're all thinking it...don't lie...

Lol Gendo, I really like this show and Dorothy is my favourite with her biting sarcastic wit. One of the best american sitcoms IMO, I can relate to this type of humour.

Hated It!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by Gendo

We're all thinking it...don't lie...
    LOL! Bea is so sexy!

Quote Originally Posted by IanTPoulter
    Lol Gendo, I really like this show and Dorothy is my favourite with her biting sarcastic wit. One of the best american sitcoms IMO, I can relate to this type of humour.
    Yes, I love Dorothy for her sarcasm and Sophia for her outrageous comebacks. Dorothy makes the funniest facial expressions when she hears something that bothers her. Her trademark "slow burn."

The four played off each other so well. Some of Rose's stories are so damn funny and the reaction to them even funnier. Blanche delivers those perverted lines so blatantly. It's great comedy.

I love the golden girls. TV was great back in the 80's. I remember when we first got cable...yes the boonies were the last to get it. TBS played all the old shows. I think that is why it is so hard for my daughter to relate because we didnt grow up with all of MTV's reality shows. I was a junior in high school when we got MTV...LOL

back to the Golden Girls....Dorothy's attitude reminded me of my grandmother and I want to be like her when I get old LOL. But then again, it would be nice to be a "floosey" too like (cant remember her name but the one in yellow)....I watch it on TVland most of the time.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

[trying to get animals to breed]
    Dorothy: What they need is an aphrodisiac.
    Rose: An African what?
    Dorothy: An aphrodisiac, Rose. Something that makes you feel sexy... like Spanish Fly.
    Rose: [disgusted] Spanish flies?
    Dorothy: Fly, Rose. One Fly. Spanish Fly.
    Rose: Oh, come on Dorothy. I've been to Spain. It's not the cleanest country in the world, they must have thousands of flies.
    Dorothy: It is not a fly Rose! It's a beetle!
    Rose: They call it a fly but it's really a beetle?
    Dorothy: Yes.
    Rose: How do they know it's Spanish?
    Dorothy: Because it wears a little sombrero, Rose!

Forgive my errors but I'm quoting this based on memory:

Dorothy: She's definitely faking. (referring to Sophia's paralysis injury)
    Rose: You're just saying that. At the counseling center, we learn that denial is the first stage of the grieving process.
    Dorothy: (getting frustrated) Rose, I am not in denial. (snicker)
    Rose: Yes, you are. You're just denying you're in denial.
    Dorothy: (laughing and getting more aggravated) Rose, I am not denying I'm in denial.
    Rose: If you're not denying you're in denial, you're in denial.
    Dorothy: LOOK! Fluffhead, why should I deny being in denial when you were the one who said I was in denial and don't you deny it!!

Talking

Because it wears a little sombrero, Rose! ROFL ... I often wondered that myself Rose!
    “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton