Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: '93 Vantage Plymouth Voyager, actuator broke...know how to jerry-rig it?

Hi Tiffany,

You may need to get a second opinion. I think if you call Chrysler headquarters, (explain the situation) they should be able to provide you with a list of certified mechanic's in your area who can work on your van. I may be able to come up with a phone number for you but it will have to wait till Monday.

Good luck.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

PN - this isn't an issue Chrysler will do anything about; it's all aftermarket.

thanks guys. now i just need to find a mechanic in my area!
    May the fetus you save be gay

cool! so much cheaper too. do u think it'll work?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett
    PN - this isn't an issue Chrysler will do anything about; it's all aftermarket.
    i was thinking that too...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Good question, seems to be re-labeled or un-labeled. Maybe there are some numbers stamped on it somewhere? One thing for sure the ramp maker didnt make the actuator, so going through them isnt necessary, or as expensive factoring in the markup. The key is figuring out what you have. I'm thinking taking measurements and comparing them to the linear actuators on the mcmaster site will help to figure out what it is also.

Edit: On your picture #2, on the horizontal flat portion of the motor housing, is that a rectangular data tag on it?
    i believe it is...but it just says "warner electric"
    Last edited by Theophania; 06-24-2007 at 08:27 PM.

It looks like this problem is a fait accompli, or to quote Chick Hearn, "RIP. The game's in the refrigerator. The door's closed, the light's out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-o's jiggling."

If you have a van that needs repairs for the ramp, door, pneumatics, etc., you can call this toll-free number: 800-348-8267. You can also go to the VantageMobility website and find a VMI Dealer Directory in your area.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Theophania
    cool! so much cheaper too. do u think it'll work?
    I think the guy sells various lengths and versions by how I'm reading his auction. I would contact him and try to explain your situation, maybe he can hook you up. Good luck.

thank you rusty i really appreciate your help.