Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Veto.....

Another Veto.....

Time to bash President Jackass again. We all knew he would veto the strem cell bill, but can Jan. 09 come fast enough? I have never been so sick of another pol. in my life. Ok enough bitching....

Did anyone really expect anything different!
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

The Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation Expresses Disappointment Over President Bus

The Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation Expresses Disappointment Over President Bush's Veto of the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act

SHORT HILLS, N.J., June 20, 2007 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation (CDRF), the national, non-profit organization dedicated to finding cures and treatments for spinal cord injuries and improving the lives of people living with paralysis, today expressed strong disappointment in President Bush's veto of the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act, which would have paved the way for advancements in stem cell research with the support and oversight of the federal government

Twice in less than one year, the President has dashed the dreams of millions of Americans living with paralysis and many other diseases and disabilities who see the potential in stem cell research and dream of a cure in their lifetime," said Peter D. Kiernan, Chairman and CEO of the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation. "As the President of the United States, President Bush is entrusted to act upon the will of the American people he represents, but his repeated failure to sign this critical legislation into law shows his inability to prevent politics from standing in the way of hope."

Last year, the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act was passed by the United States Senate, but on July 19, 2006, President Bush exercised his first veto by failing to sign the bill. The 110th Congress breathed new life into the bill by introducing the stem cell legislation early in their session. Again, the United States Senate and House of Representatives passed it by wide margins and strong bi-partisan support, and the President vetoed it.

more:

http://www.pharmalive.com/News/Index...ticleid=453073

So what's the next move?
    I get knocked down
    But I get up again

kickingber

I can only hope what goes around,comes around!

What ever happened to for the people,by the people? I thought it worked like this, the people say what we want, and the pres makes it happen? seems to me that as many U.S. troops he has put in a chair with his"they tried to kill my dad" war the least he could is give those brave men and women a little hope! Along with the rest of us. I find it very hard to think when I even give that goofball a second thought. I wonder what it is like to know that you have drove a country into the ground all by yourself?

In case the forum members were not aware, Bush's approval rating is less than 30%.

Historians and scholars are already stating he is the worst president of all time.

Hope some day he needs some type of stem cell therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    In case the forum members were not aware, Bush's approval rating is less than 30%.

Historians and scholars are already stating he is the worst president of all time.

Hope some day he needs some type of stem cell therapy.
    soon smecky ...i never been to AFRICA but i will use my voodoo skils .booooooooooohooooo
    i became a saint after my injury.
    no sex ....beer only and torture.
    Last edited by adi chicago; 06-20-2007 at 08:48 PM.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

578 days to go. Bob

Quote Originally Posted by handibob
    578 days to go. Bob
    Still a long time..........

Last edited by westcoast_gc; 06-23-2007 at 07:39 AM.
    Sometimes the lights all shinin on me; Other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip its been: The Grateful Dead