Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reality bites

Reality bites

For some reason, after my first two hours of sleep since Monday night, I wokeup ambitious. I was thinking of finding a way to exercise, do more stuff, etc. Then I got in my chair, the scapulas did their sticking, the back pain did iys skin ripping feeling when I move, the scoliosis did its "let's make sure he tips from side to side with no balance" thing, and poof, there went ambition. What a bummer.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Alan... {{{{{HUGS}}}}} Not much else to say...smooch..Mary
    1FineSpineRN

reality sucks and i feel like to bite ....beware bad QUAD ....MRRRR........
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

I can't even begin to imagine your pain. Lately I've noticed a burning sensation in my toes, sometimes both feet and one day up to my calves.

This is new for me as a flaccid para for 22yrs. This takes that 'electric spark' feeling when I knock a bone, to a whole new level of goodness my foot must be on fire, lol.

I imagine this is what starts as neuropathic pain? It's not really pain, as it is burning yet noticeable. 3 - 5 out of 10. I can probably tune it out if I was busy doing something else, but I do notice it quite a bit more when I'm trying to fall asleep.

Are all people afflicted by paralysis expected to get pain eventually? Anyone know? I wonder if there are studies on this for chronic paralysis?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer
    I can't even begin to imagine your pain.
    I echo what lynnifer said. I'm so sorry you have to live with this day-in and day-out.

lynn my pain level 10 and above daily ....torture.from my neck below including toe nails...thank god my hair [on the head skull ]do not hurt.
    is hard ...agrrrrrrrr........5 years only.
    after oeg [china]procedure the pain increased.
    last year july.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Quote Originally Posted by alan
    For some reason, after my first two hours of sleep since Monday night, I wokeup ambitious. I was thinking of finding a way to exercise, do more stuff, etc

Good for you Alan,
    Get up and try again
    Then, Get up and try again
    Then, Get up and try again and then tell us how many times it took to do "more stuff" It's in you, might take 40 tries, but the "more stuff" is in you, you'll get it.

It will take endurance, courage and sheer will power on an epic scale to push thourgh the pain barrier do this and you will redifine heroism, And through the bleak period when your wandering mind gets obsessed with the idea that you’re finished - persist, these demons can never be silenced for good, the experience is part of a continuum, the repeated battle against surrender.

Good Luck,

JimmyMack
    JimmyMack
    Member: New Jersey Commission on Spinal Cord Reasearch
    http://www.state.nj.us/health/spinalcord/index.shtml

Lynnifer, that sounds like neuro pain. Maybe you can control it via medication since you caught early.

Every SCI doesn't necessarily get it, and it doesn't neecessarily spread in every SCI that does. Every case is individual.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

(((HUGS))), it is extremely difficult to do anything when you are hurting like that!

I say, you can knock me down, kick me, stomp on me but, I get back up still fighting,something we must do.
    "I've got to keep breathing. Because tomorrow, the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    lynn my pain level 10 and above daily ....torture.from my neck below including toe nails
    I'm so sorry adi. Where did you first hear about the OEG procedure? Do you regret doing it?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12