Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for the best backpack for chair

looking for the best backpack for chair

im looking for a back pack for the back of my chair , im looking for a bag with multi-compartments not to big or heavy and easy to take off the back of chair . . what do you use and where did you get it . my 4th year in the chair and i still feel like a newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hodad123
    im looking for a back pack for the back of my chair , im looking for a bag with multi-compartments not to big or heavy and easy to take off the back of chair . . what do you use and where did you get it . my 4th year in the chair and i still feel like a newbie
    i like the one from Tilite,came with my ZRA,i used to use one the ski racers use for their equipment,from Raceskis.com,but it is a little large.

I just went to Target and picked one out. Ended up with an Eddie Bauer one that works great.

I got a nice Kelty backpack (they make some great hiking packs). I had my mom take the shoulder straps, detach them at the bottom, shorten them up and resew them half way up the back. It hangs off my chair perfectly, centered and snug against my seatback, and very easy to get into by reaching back.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

I use this one from Case Logic. It's WC specidic, easy to remove, has a "secret pocket" for cath supplies, oversized zips...it's great

I just use a regular backpack and hang it from the knubs where my pushandles used to be attached.
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

Hi!
    I got a sling style backpack from, of all places, The Gap. It slings over my chair back, which is the upholstery type, and just hangs. It has come to be called the "Magic Pack" since I somehow fit incredible amounts of groceries and such (such as a gallon of milk, 14lb bag of cat food, spag sauce, and then some various smaller flexable items). It has a large pocket, and a smaller one, each with a zipper on the side. Small one holds a catheter and a bottle (my porta potty- hehehe!).

I am planning a new chair, and have a feeling this bag will hang too low. I also want one that will hold a 15" MacBook Pro very safely. Need to be able to get it on an doff my chair easily. Any ideas?

(gonna miss using my Gap one...simply incredible pack mule...)
    nikki
    T6 complete since Oct, 2001
    TiLite ZRa, Spinergy LX 24", Shox Firm tires, 3" volcanic glare rollerblade wheels for casters

i still havent got it together enough to actually buy this! but itll fit laptop...
    http://spinlife.com/Adaptable-Design...?productID=452

Chair Pack

Like most of us I had been using a soft cloth material bag that closed via zippers. It hung on the back of my manual and power chairs. I tied several, all of which were basically unhandy, unsightly and unzipperable. Fortunately I am able to reach around to the rear of my chair to access a bag. Late last year I had an equine saddle maker, using my design/specifications, stich me a bag from heavy stiff leather. Because it is stiff, the bag does not sag in any way. The seams are on the outside, thus no hand snags or abrasions from retrieving goodies. There are interior elastic bands to hold my wallet, glasses and other small items that I use frequently. The stiching is extremely tough, don't believe I could rip it apart by hand. The top is closed by magnet--no #%##@& zippers to contend with--that is a a real blessing. I am so satisfied that I am having a second bag custom made for "Sparky" my power chair. My bag's dimensions are: 15" length, 8" deep and 5" wide.

I'll Fly Away,
    Wren Byrd
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

Quickie makes a good back pack IMO has several compartments, pocket outside for cell phone , water bottle. It has worked well for me.

Quickie makes it but it will go on any chair with canes . handles. This one is on amazon but a google search for " Quickie Backpack" will give yopu a lot of hits.

http://www.amazon.com/Sunrise-Medica.../dp/B0002DL98M