Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D's Locks

D's Locks

lets talk bout these.
    im thinking of trying them so i can to to the no flat 110 psi shox tires and brakes dont hold consistently.,

opinions and pics plz.

i run an eclipse w/ spinergy slx wheels. and i am imn the process of getting a colours razorblade
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I'm not sure how much you know about them, fuente, but JGNI's Terminator shows the setup with Spinergy's. The adapter plate used is based on the axle tube design of the particular chair. The locking disc is based on the hub of the specific wheel. The lever can be mounted almost anywhere and requires very little effort to lock the hubs. JGNI would have a better idea of how well they work with Spinergy wheels, but I haven't heard any complaints. ADI also makes hub mounted disc brakes. They look really cool, but are more-expensive.

JGNI posted some pics of his Terminator a few months ago showing all the components (a very cool Terminator at that). I took his pics and info off the D's Locks website and labeled the components in this pic:

It looks like the Razorblade has a fairly traditional axle tube, but I can't tell for sure looking at their site. On your Eclipse, I believe the piston would be mounted in the slot on your axle plate using two nuts (just like the axle sleeve).
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 06-16-2007 at 01:52 PM.

thx otr. have u ever dealt w/ them personally
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    thx otr. have u ever dealt w/ them personally
    If you mean have I used them or installed them, my answer would be no. I have ordered them for specific chairs for veterans. In one instance, the low-bid DME who was sent out to install them didn't have a clue (one reason I do a lot of setting up chairs myself). The veteran told the guy to leave them with him. He was able to install them himself.

I will be ordering a set this week for a Terminator Titanium which has a short seat depth, knobby tires, and an ergo seat. There is no good place to mount clamp on wheel locks on the chair. If it is beyond the DME's skills this time, I will likely be installing this set myself.

I have them on my Top End Terminator. I ordered them directly from Steve at D's. He was very easy to deal with and very helpful. Once I described them, he understood exactly what kind of wheel flange and axle set up I have.

The locks are fantastic - my wheeling style has completely changed now that I don't have to worry about hitting my thumbs on the wheel locks. I use the locks much more than I ever used friction locks for transferring and just staying stable on sloped surfaces.

Next time I get a chair I will consult with Steve first because I want to be sure there's an axle adapter for whatever I get.

My husband installed them (he's the mechanical one). Here are some pictures: http://flickr.com/photos/brokenclay/...7600381866495/
    Last edited by Katja; 06-17-2007 at 12:37 PM.

Very helpful gallery Katja!

are they tough. i through my chair in/out of car very roughly
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Ditto what fuentes said. im very active and want something that holds up well. how much do they run? im soooo sick and tired of my Tilit scissor brakes on my zra. im down to only using one now, and i cant seem to keep it tight enough to hold....
    Josh S.
    T6 complete as of 7/17/03

I've used mine on my Ti for over 4 years now, and they held up pretty good for me. You just need to tighten them really tight, so they don't get out of alignment. I may not be as rough as fuente is , but I'm pretty active.

Quote Originally Posted by joshstevens7
    Ditto what fuentes said. im very active and want something that holds up well. how much do they run? im soooo sick and tired of my Tilit scissor brakes on my zra. im down to only using one now, and i cant seem to keep it tight enough to hold....
    439 josh. but worth every penney imo. thats a quote from sportaid for my eclipse and spinergy slx wheels
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com