Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Venting

Just Venting

I have been looking at the threads lately. Now mind you I am getting in a real b****y mood and I apologize. But all I see in the cure section is , Scientist find blah blah found in blah blah "could" be cure for SCI, or this "could" cure SCI, or that "could" cure SCI. It seems more time is being wasted on what "could" cure and not getting to the cure. How many "could" cures are they going to find. Are they going further with these so called "could" cures? I know the ole Bush Whacker is vetoing escr, because its "immoral", I say let me worry about that when I meet my maker. But I feel whats "immoral" is hearing all these "coulds", and continue to see my daughter sit in a chair and not watch her run.
    Sorry, just venting, but damn I want some action, tired of the coulds. Plus, my back is killing me, I "could" take something for it, like Aleeve, or.....

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

Immoral is blocking research that could actually help living people because you equate microscopic goo in a petri dish to the breathing human beings.

I agree with your thoughts on Bush and his stupid veto...but what if stem cell research is not a cure for everyone? I think I rather have the "could be"cures examined as well for that purpose. Leads to the old saying what is good for the goose is NOT necessarily good for the gander
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

But are the "could" be cures being examined? What I am trying to say is that there is always "could bes" being thrown out there but then you dont hear nothing more of them but more "could bes" added. And if stem cell research turns out that it doesnt cure everyone, isnt it still a blessing to cure those it can? All I want is my daughter out of her chair running and playing with her friends. I want to see her jump-rope, hula- hoop, do the things that I cannot figure out for her to do in a chair. Hell, I just would like to hear of a good major break-through and not hear what could be.

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by Robynbird569
    But are the "could" be cures being examined? What I am trying to say is that there is always "could bes" being thrown out there but then you dont hear nothing more of them but more "could bes" added. And if stem cell research turns out that it doesnt cure everyone, isnt it still a blessing to cure those it can? All I want is my daughter out of her chair running and playing with her friends. I want to see her jump-rope, hula- hoop, do the things that I cannot figure out for her to do in a chair. Hell, I just would like to hear of a good major break-through and not hear what could be.
    I often get that feeling. Being disabled (or having a disabled family member) and looking out for good cure news is a lot like being a Chicago Cubs fan or a Toronto Maple Leafs fan. You keep hoping against hope but in the end all you get is a string of disappointments.
    Step up, stand up for:
    http://www.stepnow.org

'He not busy being born is busy dying." <Bob Dylan>

The last thing cured was polio. There never will be a cure as long as insurance and medical companies can make the almighty dollar!

Quote Originally Posted by crppled007
    The last thing cured was polio. There never will be a cure as long as insurance and medical companies can make the almighty dollar!
    Was Polio ever cured?

I thought a vaccine was developed that virtually eradicated it in "first world" countries.

I think it still paralyses in "third world" countries.

If polio is a virus, it wasn't cured. I don't think medical science has cured a viral disease yet, though vaccinations can prevent them. That's why there's so much worry about the bird flu becoming transmittable from human to human - it's a virus, there's no vaccine yet, and no cure.

Bacterial diseases can be cured by antibiotics, until the bacteria mutate.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by Robynbird569
    All I want is my daughter out of her chair running and playing with her friends. I want to see her jump-rope, hula- hoop, do the things that I cannot figure out for her to do in a chair.
    Wondering about the cure coming or not will not make it happen any sooner. Maybe while you are waiting you could watch your daughter wheeling fast and playing with her friends. See her turn the jump-rope for her friends. Basically enjoy the life she has. Waiting for a cure which may never come doesn't sound like an enjoyable life.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru
    Was Polio ever cured?

I thought a vaccine was developed that virtually eradicated it in "first world" countries.

I think it still paralyses in "third world" countries.
    Very true , I see examples of it here