Thread: sling for hoyer

sling for hoyer

Does anyone know of a certain sling that works with a hoyer lift that is east to remove? Also so many of them are so stiff. I would like one that is of a soft but strong fabric.

Is your lift actually a Hoyer brand? What model? I hate Hoyer. There are many other better lifts.

You need to look for a hygiene or bathing sling. These lift you under your thighs but leave the butt open, making them easy to place and remove while sitting. If you list the information above, I can suggest a couple.

(KLD)

sling needed

It is an Invacare Reliant 450 with a remote

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Try www.surehands.com
    Click on products, then slings
    They have slings with 4 points of attachment, similar to the invocate slings.
    They have a couple of types that are not so inclusive like Hoers and others.
    They are really two sections that will support you by your thighs and you trunk.
    You may still need your chains though so your head doesn't hit the lift bar.
    These open types of slings are much easier to put on than the large slings that support people in a pocket.
    Good luck,
    MAC
    Last edited by forestranger52; 06-13-2007 at 02:43 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

So, not a Hoyer at all. This lift does not use chains, and should not be used with them.

You can use any sling (even a Hoyer) that is for a two point attachment lift and is called either a toileting or hygiene sling with this floor-based lift. Check out slings at Liko, Arjo, Wy'East, and other lift websites. Here are a few:

http://www.rehabmart.com/product/422.htm

http://www.rehabmart.com/product/419.htm

http://www.rehabmart.com/product/11102.htm

http://www.spinlife.com/Invacare-Toi...productID=2347

http://www.spinlife.com/Invacare-Div...productID=2346

(KLD)

Note: Invacare Standard Lift Sling.
    Each Invacare patient lift sling has a weight capacity of 450 lbs, can be used on heavy or light patients, and requires either an Invacare Sling Straps kit 9070, or an Invacare Sling Chain Kit 9071 (sold separately)
    Invacare lifts employ a six point swivel bar hookup which adapts to all sling styles.
    C 5/6 Comp.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

That is a different model of lift than the one referenced above.

(KLD)

Invacare Standard Lift Slings, all four types, are in the shape of an H and only have holes in the middle of the sides of the four corners. They require some type of straps or chains to attach them to the lift bar. These were all we had in the Physical therapy department of the private rehab hospital where I was sent. There were no power lifts available for the nurses to transfer patients in the rooms, until I demanded one for myself. I was concerned the nurses were going to be hurt physically by spinning patients from bed to chair. A month later, power lifts were rented for patient transfers, on the other two rehab halls.
    The Invacare Reliant Battery-powered Patient Lift, Product code:
    RPA450-1, has listed in the product description a six point swivel bar hookup that which adapts to all sling styles.
    The Invacare Reliant Hydraulic Patient Lift, Product code: RPH450-1 also has listed the same six point swivel bar hookup. But since this is hydraulic, a remote control may not be workable.
    Product code: RPL450-1, advertises the same as above, but it is the low base model.
    I am sorry but these were the only Invacare lifts advertised with 450 in their product code.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 06-14-2007 at 08:13 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.

Teddy Roosevelt

ALLOWS but does not require the use of chain type slings. The bar is clearly compatabile with two point strap slings:

(KLD)

Absolutely, the slings you suggested will be much better that the standard pocket type slings, most people see first in the hospital after injury.
    I hated them. My pants were always put on twisted, I complained to the nursing assistants to no avail, then a terrible pressure sore erupted.
    I was so happy when a body lift from SureHands was demonstrated.
    No more problems.
    Thank you for your help,
    MAC
    C 5/6 Comp.

Teddy Roosevelt