Thread: Best time to buy in for Acorda and Geron

Best time to buy in for Acorda and Geron

Acorda is at $18.63 and Geron is at $8 and change.

What do ya think?? Buy in if when Acorda hits $15 and Geron at 6?

Hmmmm???
    And the truth shall set you free.

ACOR back to 18, hmm, it was 25 last time I glossed over that. I dunno, that thing is shady, seems a bit of a pump and dump to me, but I'm sure Wise will tell his side of the story. P/E is through the roof, and come on, something like a 5% better than placebo success rate for the 'breakthough' in the pipeline? If you really want to do the flip of the coin gaming of the market, yeah, I guess you could get some, but stick with companies that actually make money in line with the P/E or PEG of the stock. Biotech is gambling if you ask me. There's a thread somewhere where I expressed my concern of all the analysts covering this on the payroll of IPO underwriters...guess what they all say: Strong Buy. AKA, cavet emptor (sp?)

http://www.rttnews.com/sp/breakingne...&item=56&vid=0
    Acorda Therapeutics Prices Public Offering Of 3.75 Mln Common Shares At $18.50/Share - Update [ACOR]

6/8/2007 7:52:38 AM Friday morning, Acorda Therapeutics Inc. (ACOR), a biopharmaceutical company, announced that it has priced the public offering of 3.75 million shares of its common stock at $18.50 per share, pursuant to its registration statement, which was declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 7, 2007.

Under this underwritten offering, the Hawthorne, New York-based Acorda Therapeutics is selling 3.62 million shares and certain affiliate stockholders are offering 123,040 shares.

The company noted that it has granted the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 562,500 shares of common stock at the public offering price.

Acorda Therapeutics said it intends to use this offering net proceeds to complete second Fampridine-SR Phase 3 clinical trial and to conduct other activities related to the filing of a new drug application for Fampridine-SR, for research and development activities and for general corporate purposes, including capital expenditures.

The company specified that Banc of America Securities LLC and Deustche Bank Securities are acting as joint bookrunning managers for this offering.

ACOR closed Thursday's regular trading session at $18.95.