Thread: Watch TV on your pc.

Thumbs up Watch TV on your pc.

This is something interesting i found some time back. You can basically watch TV on your computer with this software. I was skeptical at first til i tried it.
    No spyware or anything like that. It's basically using the p2p idea/protocol. im not really sure. ive had it since atleast December of last year and have had no problems with it (ie: mysterious popups) ive even used my packet sniffer to make sure its not sending or retrieving suspicious data from anywhere.
    You can download it from www.tvunetworks.com .
    I have Isis watching Nickelodeon alot of times. The 'feed' (i guess) is coming from the Bay Area judging from the commercials for Comcast and ads for such in that area. When i downloaded it, it had HBO and USA on it too but theres some legal thing with that so alot of those "channels" arent on there anymore.
    It still has alot of good channels (depending on your taste) Sci Fi, Nick (fer the kids), Spike (last i checked), etc. Most of the "channels" are in Korean or some language like that. There are alot of channels that show american movies with just chinese/japanese/? some sort of subtitles.
    Anywho, check it out. I remember there being a Linux version too, but im not sure if its to "View" or to "broadcast". Never tried it on my linux install as im still trying to get the hang of linux itself ..
    -DiScOrD

Nick, thanks!

TVU networks somehow got by my radar screen. IPTV is starting to look better. I recently received an invite for Joost which is no longer in private beta. It was founded by the same people who started Skype and Kazaa. Joost uses P2P technology and you can chat with other users while watching the same content.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

I've been watching TV here: http://www.tv-links.co.uk/

I also have a Slingbox Pro to watch TV like I'm sitting at home.

tv-video.net has helped me catch up on all those shows I miss when working shift work ... for a small donation ... caught up on House and Lost now
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho

Mike, thanks for the link. Under Anime I'm watching
    and it's pretty darn engrosing, subtitles and all.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    Nick, thanks!

TVU networks somehow got by my radar screen. IPTV is starting to look better. I recently received an invite for Joost which is no longer in private beta. It was founded by the same people who started Skype and Kazaa. Joost uses P2P technology and you can chat with other users while watching the same content.
    hey that Joost looks pretty interesting. how does one get an invite for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho

Thanks for the link Mike. We got to watch one of our favorite comedians last night. It did take a bit to finally load but was worth the wait.

Raven

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Thanks for the link Mike. We got to watch one of our favorite comedians last night. It did take a bit to finally load but was worth the wait.

Raven
    I second that. Mr. Bean rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010
    hey that Joost looks pretty interesting. how does one get an invite for that?
    Nick, just do a Google search for Joost invites and you should get one pronto. I have a lot on my plate right now, so no time for me to fill out the application and install the plug-in to watch TV. Let me know how you make out. I should have Joost invites to give away shortly.

I have heard good things about Democracy TV Internet.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Joost TV no longer requires an invitation.

More TV Links.
    Last edited by PN; 10-21-2007 at 08:47 PM.
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com