Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sat to close to the fire

Unhappy Sat to close to the fire

I burned the crap out of my knee last night sittin to close to the fire pit. When I went to bed I knew it was red but didnt realize it was a burn until I saw the ooze on the sheets and the blisters on my knee. Wound care is closed until monday so until I can get a professional eye on it how should i dress it?
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Keep it as sterile as possible to avoid infection. I'm not good with burns ... but you don't want the dressing to stick to it either.

A lesson I learned several years ago ... the blood circulation just isn't what it used to be.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

o buddy, i've heard stories of people smelling something good cooking and here it was them!

i constantly touch my legs when i'm near a fire to make sure they aren't too hot, but i'm lucky with the sensation i have in my hands and stuff.

that's a bummer, i hope you heal fast!
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

Drugstores have what are called "blister bandaids"- band aid makes a brand as do most chain pharmacies. Use sterile water or saline to clean the area GENTLEY and then cover it with the blister bandaids. They usually last more than a day- don't pull it off, but if it comes off replace it.
    See someone ASAP!
    CKF

Red face I to burned the #&*@* out of my knee

OK, I almost lost my right leg. I bought a new generator... and was testing it. We started to run the gas out of it... and I was to close to the muffler. I to smelled something, my son came running up the driveway.... screaming... then I spent the next year at the burn clinic.. every other day. It healed, Im stupid, and I have a nasty scar about the size of a large grapefruit. Thanks it, Mike
    Mike (Florida)

Cant we get 1 do over?

to many burns..
    Scalding water got both my calves. Went to Wilford Hall Med ctr and got to see the Shah of Iran .. accidentally.

THe half baked toe from the motor mount in a van. Things I wouldnt consider hot holding them, placing a mug between my legs..

Think the worst burn I ever had was Valerie.
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Quote Originally Posted by mike bauer
    OK, I almost lost my right leg. I bought a new generator... and was testing it. We started to run the gas out of it... and I was to close to the muffler. I to smelled something, my son came running up the driveway.... screaming... then I spent the next year at the burn clinic.. every other day. It healed, Im stupid, and I have a nasty scar about the size of a large grapefruit. Thanks it, Mike
    Wow, and I thought I was bad dropping sharp knives in the kitchen on my bare feet, but I've got a few burns from welding down there too. The old ones somhow hurt more before SCI, and I had the sick sense of humor to sing " The Thrill Is Gone" after one of them, I guess I kicked it up a notch. Never said I was the smartest.

Yikes! I remember when I grilled 4 of my fingers because I was in a hurry getting a group home cleaned up before the overnight came in. see, the other staff who had done the cooking that evening made spaghetti, left the right rear burner on simmer. It had gone unnoticed until I started pulling the heating elements out of the stovetop, then that usually mouth watering sizzling I heard got drowned out by my yelping. i bet the workmen's comp people were none too pleased by my report. I got 4 wrappings around my fingertips - looked like someone had put a glove on and then cut off everything but the fingertips. Thankfully they healed and I only have the faintest whitish striped scars left. I suppose if I ever became a real criminal and got fingerprinted, ID'ing me should be awfully easy

I'm diabetic, so anything I get on my legs heals really slowly, even chigger bites. Getting burned down there would be a very, very serious problem for me. Hope you heal up ASAP

Tom

Burn scars on both knees from a pot of boiling water doing a home-ec project from school at home. I had a wooden board to protect but took it off without thinking. Third degree burns, smelled it burning too.

Hopped in the shower once and turned it on without noticing it was turned all the way hot. Burned both feet - gigantic blisters.

Fell asleep in the sun while David was cutting the grass at his old house. Blisters and raw meat (eww) all along the front of my legs between the knee and foot. Had to be in a wedding party two weeks later - thank goodness the dresses were long. lol

Also set down a hot hair dryer on my legs. Coin sized burn.

A hot splatter from cooking last year. In my pyjamas. lol That's it.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

How close were you to the fire?