Thread: Dr Young,Can you tell me....Thank you!

Dr Young,Can you tell me....Thank you!

I heard that you did the clinic test in Hongkong last year. From some of your posts I know your test has three stage.Can you tell me what the current situation of your treatment? Does it make some progress? I believe you only. Too many news about the treatment make me confused.I do not know which treatment I can believe . Money,money,money…….some doctors only want to make money. Isn’t the health and life of patients less important than money? They don’t consider the patients’ benefit. So I now do not believe anyone but you. I know you are a responsible doctor. I hope you could be successful! I think the god will protect you. If one day I die,I would also bless you in the paradise!

Hi,

The ChinaSCINet does not charge participants in their trials. They are conducting legitimate clinical trials which are overseen by the Chinese FDA to test the safety and efficacy of several components of their Lithium/umbilical cord blood combination therapy.

A credible lab or research facility would never charge a fee for a treatmnent that has never been subjected to safety or efficacy testing.

Sorry.You may not understand me.I did not blame ChinaSCINet.I only talk about some hospitals in china.My mother once went to some hospitals which carried out the stem cell transplant.But many patients tell my mother there was no curative effect which they had expected.I only now blieve the Dr Young because some of his posts tell me that he is a honest doctor. I think honesty and responsibility are more important to a doctor than anything else even including the skill.
    in addition,though the money is very important to the researcher,we should not make it from the patients.they are already very difficult.Doctors should not cheat the patient by telling them it is a cure not a treatment .they can not pay for the treatment and they should not pay for the treatment.But we must do our best to appeal the support of goverment and wealthy who have the benignancy.
    At last ,wish the God protect all the good people!

Quote Originally Posted by 掌心化雪
    Sorry.You may not understand me.I did not blame ChinaSCINet.I only talk about some hospitals in china.My mother once went to some hospitals which carried out the stem cell transplant.But many patients tell my mother there was no curative effect which they had expected.I only now blieve the Dr Young because some of his posts tell me that he is a honest doctor. I think honesty and responsibility are more important to a doctor than anything else even including the skill.
    in addition,though the money is very important to the researcher,we should not make it from the patients.they are already very difficult.Doctors should not cheat the patient by telling them it is a cure not a treatment .they can not pay for the treatment and they should not pay for the treatment.But we must do our best to appeal the support of goverment and wealthy who have the benignancy.
    I have posted extensively on this. We have started an observation trial (where people are being observed for a year) and a phase 1 lithium trial at the University of Hong Kong. We are planning to do phase 2 lithium trials and cord blood cell transplants in China, probably at the beginning of 2008. In mid-2008, we are planning to do a phase 3 combination cord blood cell transplant and lithium trial. It is a clinical trial where we will not be charging patients anything to participate in. Our goal is to show whether the treatment is safe and effective.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by 掌心化雪
    Hi, I know. I wasn't scolding or correcting you regarding ChinaSCINet, I was giving you info. about the trial and reiterating what you said about the unethical practice of charging people for unproven therapies. I agree that Wise is the real deal.

Dr Young,Thank for your reply and your!I wish you would be successful.
    antiquity,I know. you are a good man. I only do not know how to make people pay more attention to us.maybe the SCI can not cause death immediately,but it bring the patients and their families many difficulties which the normal people can not image.someone say the SCI is the cancer do not lead death.

Question for Dr. Wise Young involving Olfactory Ensheathing Cells

Dr. Young, if you know, would you mind sharing with me to the best of your knowledge what the average migration rate down the spinal cord for embryonic olfactory ensheathing cells that have been transplanted into into a spinal cord have shown to be? I am aware that there are no guarantees that the cells will even migrate at all, so I guess I am referring to the patients who have shown success, or what studies have shown in any types of mammals that have had these cells put into their spinal cord? Are there any mammals that have shown success in having these cells migrate into them that you would think would resemble what the migration rate in a human would be? Lastly, if the migration happens at all, is there a difference in the rate through the scar tissue in the spinal cord vs. the migration rate down the rest of the spinal cord if either are happening at all? Thank you and God Bless you.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer
    Dr. Young, if you know, would you mind sharing with me to the best of your knowledge what the average migration rate down the spinal cord for embryonic olfactory ensheathing cells that have been transplanted into into a spinal cord have shown to be? I am aware that there are no guarantees that the cells will even migrate at all, so I guess I am referring to the patients who have shown success, or what studies have shown in any types of mammals that have had these cells put into their spinal cord? Are there any mammals that have shown success in having these cells migrate into them that you would think would resemble what the migration rate in a human would be? Lastly, if the migration happens at all, is there a difference in the rate through the scar tissue in the spinal cord vs. the migration rate down the rest of the spinal cord if either are happening at all? Thank you and God Bless you.
    Boxer, to my knowledge, there has not been any systematic study of migration of OEG cells in the spinal cord. However, in rats, when neonatal rat OEG cells are transplanted early after injury (within days), they will migrate downward from T10 into the lumbar enlargement within a few days (4-5 mm) and they will migrate from T10 up to about T2 within 2 weeks. It is my impression that the cells don't migrate as much when they are transplanted 3 weeks after injury. This may be because of the presence gliosis, cysts, and other obstacles but it may also be due to the presence of chondroitin-6-sulfate proteoglycans that we know accumulates in the contused spinal cord. In general, when we transplant into the surrounding cord (2-3 mm from the injury center), the cells will migrate into the injury site and also into the degenerating dorsal column above the injury and and the degenerating ventral and lateral columns below the injury site.

Regarding what happens to the cells transplanted into the spinal cord, I don't think that anybody knows what happens. The cells cannot be seen on MRI.

Wise.

The cells cannot be seen on MRI.

Wise.[/QUOTE]
    thank you dr.wise .joking now ,i think that oeg cells that i had, migrated to my brain....i feel smarter
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."