Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: found another meal replacement/protein shake

found another meal replacement/protein shake

sans infusion. i have went through 1 jug so far. great stuff. seems like better energy than myoplex deluxe. i have wild berry and cinnamon oat,meal.
    2 thumbs up
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett
    cool. link for the google-impaired: http://www.sann.net/infusion.html

thoughts on this one?

http://www.optimumnutrition.com/prod...ein-p-219.html
    it doesnt taste so great scott. ive had it.

try www.dpsnutrition.com they are cheap.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

have any of you tried SPIRU-TEIN shakes. I have one every morning and it gets me through to lunch no problem. I think they had a big impact of me getting rid of my diabetes as well. They also have single serving packages so you can try the flavors before you buy a can of it. I don't know if it is what you are looking for, but I really like the taste of some of the flavors they have. You can get them at most health food stores.

Stevie P

let me rephrase -

would casein protein be any better (or ideal) for pushing around all day due to its delayed-release characteristics?

I wasn't really thinking about taste, but if it tastes like chit, I'm less likely to drink it. Good point.

Thanks for the link to dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett
    let me rephrase -

would casein protein be any better (or ideal) for pushing around all day due to its delayed-release characteristics?

I wasn't really thinking about taste, but if it tastes like chit, I'm less likely to drink it. Good point.

Thanks for the link to dps.
    honestly scott. u get more energy from an mrp than straight protein. give sans or myoplex deluxe a shot. even met-rx mrps are good. personally im sticking w/ sans. it has a great profile and content
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

thanks... just looking for opinions.

i'll try the san - certainly can't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    sans infusion. i have went through 1 jug so far. great stuff. seems like better energy than myoplex deluxe. i have wild berry and cinnamon oat,meal.
    2 thumbs up

I drink this one, 2 scoops in 1 cup of cold water with ice and blend it. It's very high nutrition, high protein and low carbs and fat.

http://www.vitacost.com/Optimum-Nutr...d-Whey-Protein

Description

* Superior Blend of Whey Protein Isolates, Concentrates, and Hydrolysates.
    * Only 2 grams of Carbohydrates.
    * Lactase and Other Digestive Enzymes.
    * 24g of Protein per Serving!

Millions and Millions of Satisfied Customers can't be wrong! Since the very beginning, ON's 100% Whey Protein has raised the standard by which all why protein supplements are judged. Now years later, we're raising the bar again.

Like its predecessors, this canister contains Optimum Nutrition's exclusive, proprietary blend of...

* Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolates.
    * Ion-exchange Whey Protein Concentrate.
    * Ultra filtered Whey Protein Concentrate.
    * Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides to give you more of whey you want (pure, unadulterated whey protein) with less of what you don't (fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, lactose, and other carbohydrates) with every serving.

Every serving provides even More low, moderate, and high molecular weight, biologically active Whey Protien Microfractions including

1. Alpha-lactalbumin
    2. Glyomacropeptides
    3. Beta-lactoglobulin
    4. Immunoglobulin G(lgG)
    5. Lactoperoxidase and various growth factors.

Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 1.00 Scoop ( 29.40 g )
    Servings per container: 77.00
    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
    Calories 120
    Calories from Fat 10
    Total Fat 1 g 2%
    Saturated Fat 0.5 g 3%
    Cholesterol 3 g 1%
    Total Carbohydrate 3 g 1%
    Sugars 1 g *
    Protein 24 g 48%
    Calcium 140 mg 14%
    Sodium 60 mg 3%
    Potassium 220 mg 6%
    Enzyme Blend 25 mg
    Aminogen 25 mg *
    Lactase (standardized to 100,000 FCC units/g) 0 *
    *Daily value not established.

Other ingredients: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, and Whey Peptides), Cocoa, Artificial Flavor, Lecithin, Acesulfame Potassium.

Directions
    Suggested Use: To encourage a positive nitrogen balance consume approximately 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day from a combination of high protein foods and supplements. For even better results, consume your daily protein allotment over 4-6 small meals spread evenly throughout the day.

Example:
    180 lb x 1 g protein/lb body weight - 180 g/day
    180 g / 6 small meals = 30 g of protein/meal.

BLENDER - Add one scoop of ON's 100% Whey Protein to a blender filled with 6-8 fl oz of cold water, juice, or milk. Cover and blend for 20-30 seconds. Add 1-2 ice cubes then blend for an additional 30 seconds. Serve. For a delicious Smoothie, try adding your favorite fruit, peanut butter, yogurt, shredded coconut, and/or other ingredients (along with the ice cubes) to your blended whey protein shake.

SHAKER - Fill a shaker bottle with 6-8 fl oz of ice-cold water, juice, or milk. Add one scoop of ON's 100% Whey Protein for 25-30 seconds. Enjoy.

GLASS & SPOON - Simply add one scoop of ON's 100% Whey Protein to a tall glass. Add 6-8 fl oz of very cold water, juice, or milk. Mix with a spoon for about 20 seconds or until powder is well disbursed.
    ^^(A)^^

These supplements always worry me. I used to shovel this stuff in in HS, but now I get worried that some of this shit in the shakes is gonna kill me one day. Idk, anyone feel the same way?
    -------7-23-04----------
    C5/6- Workin' on Recovery
    www.darrentempleton.com
    www.pushtowalknj.org

I use ON as well although I'm almost out and I'm going to get a blend this time. The ON flavors taste just like milkshakes, even with water.