Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The world's best driving road

jukespin,

I appreciate what you said. However, here is a picture of my stock 2006 Minicooper S, the same model that they drove on that road. The 2007 version of the Minicooper S has an aluminum engine, has more power, and gets better mileage but is turbocharged rather than supercharged. The supercharger on the 2002-2006 Minicooper S has a distinct high-pitch whine to it when you accelerate the car (Source). Its no-flat tires are very sticky. While I can get a tire screech by over-powering from first gear, I have not yet been able to do a turn that is sharp and fast enough to provoke any complaints from the tires. It is also the shortest commercially made car sold in the United States and can park in spaces that few other cars can.

Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 07-21-2007 at 11:58 AM.

But did you get the CareCure License plates that we found were available for NY or....just random numbers????

signed

VA License: CURE SCI
    1FineSpineRN

Quote Originally Posted by Duramater
    But did you get the CareCure License plates that we found were available for NY or....just random numbers????

signed

VA License: CURE SCI
    Yikes, no. Wise.

Sigh...my next license will be random numbers because I am looking for another car, now that John is...gulp...driving.
    1FineSpineRN

Cool car Wise.

My ex-wife had two original shape Mini Coopers, the really small old ones from the original Italian Job.

Whenever we used to go walking in the English Lake District we used to take one - even though it was less practical for luggage and comfort - because once we got there on those twisty lanes it was so much fun.

Like driving a rollerskate.
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

To my mind, the most impressive thing about the Autobahn was the lane discipline that I saw. ALWAYS on the right, except when actually passing.
    Of course, it's enforced
    - Richard

i'am thinking a drive around the nurburgring would be a blast..http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/mediapl...=1&ms3=0&tab=1 for me the one of the roads i found that had a lot of "pucker factor" was highway 138 from Quebec city to Sept-Iles . going up the north shore of the st.Lawrence.Now it could be because i did it in a big truck,but it was a life list thing i got to cross off ....dave

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    jukespin,

I appreciate what you said. However.......

Wise.
    No, you don't but I didn't anticipate that you would nor is it necessary.

Steve
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C
    I wonder if anybody has taken that road out with a handbike. That would be some achievement. Gotta have great brakes going back down, thats for sure.
    Here in New Jersey, there's a park in the NW corner of the state that catches the Applachian trail as it heads up into NY state. Stokes State Forest is the official name of the park. There's a long, steep road that winds up to "Sunrise Mountain". I road a mountain bike up there 20+ yrs ago. Barely made it. The trip down brings you close to Mach 1!

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino
    Cool car Wise.

My ex-wife had two original shape Mini Coopers, the really small old ones from the original Italian Job.

Whenever we used to go walking in the English Lake District we used to take one - even though it was less practical for luggage and comfort - because once we got there on those twisty lanes it was so much fun.

Like driving a rollerskate.
    Hmm, it was the Italian job that really convinced me to get one. Wise.