Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Departmental Award

The money will go towards advanced math classes (to help give me the "tools" to study the quantitative side of economics at a high level) that I am going to start at UC Berkeley in the fall.

Very cool! My son, Buckwheat, (aka Noah), starts graduate school at Berkeley this fall. You two have got to meet.

John
    Last edited by john smith; 06-08-2007 at 07:18 PM.
    "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

Quote Originally Posted by Tufelhunden
    Hey thanks for all of the props guys. Scorp, I have my B.S. in Geology, and still have a passion for it, so at this point I am going on to a PhD program with the intent of specializing in petroleum (non-renewables) economics. Chick, the scholarship is a check for two grand (not a lot, but there are no strings attached), but the most rewarding aspect was the recognition. The money will go towards advanced math classes (to help give me the "tools" to study the quantitative side of economics at a high level) that I am going to start at UC Berkeley in the fall.
    Liz, thanks for the compliment.
    Very cool Tuf. Wish you the best, this fall. Phd, in Econ - Wow. I had a couple grad econ courses, but darned if I can multiply without counting my fingers!

Congrats again, and wishing the best at Berkeley, to both you and Noah.