Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Neurontin effects

i'm on neurontin and have significantly reduced my dose cuz i got tired of being 'stupid' and forgetful. the drowsiness went away shortly after i started. i also take nortriptyline(pamelor) to slow or stop the cycle of pain and that helps keep my pain minimal and tolerable.

Thumbs down Neurontin, no thanks but..

Neurontin at low doses put me to sleep; all night, all day. I love a good nights sleep but the low doses did not touch the pain. I took it for weeks and weeks and did not have an effect other than sedation. Overall I sedate pretty easily.
    A couple of years later, my physiatrist recommended lamotrigine (Lamictal) and it really helped the pain with a livable amount of sedation. It worked for a year before the pain increased (probably the growing syrinx) and I started to increase the dose. At a higher dose, I eventually got a drug rash (4 months of rash).
    Next stop was Lyrica which helps. I can't take the dose the doctors suggest because I want to stay awake. At 250 mg. a day I have an acceptable sleepiness and control of the fire in my body.
    You just have to keep trying, different strokes for different folks. I am on a combo therapy of 4 drugs to keep the devil away. It has taken years to find and refine the combination of drugs that help.

When I was taken off Neurontin, Nortriptyline became the drug of choice. It worked, and with no side affects that I am aware of. Several months ago I was late in renewing it. Within a week the pain was back. So, it is still working like a charm, and still no side affects.
    "Music will always find its way to us, with or without business, politics, religion, or any other bullshit attached. Music survives everything, and like God it is always present. It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance. It has always found me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will." Eric Clapton