Thread: Charter plane

Charter plane

My mother has had problems flying commercially since her accident, and since her settlement affords her the option of doing so she is interested in chartering a plane for a trip this summer. In making initial inquiries I have run into problems with charter companies having issues with transporting someone with a power chair, both in terms of beign able to get the chair on the plane but also because the battery is considered a hazardous material. Does anyone know if there are air charter companies that work with people in wheelchairs?

Well, if you have money to burn....

Check out this recent discusson:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...ighlight=plane

Also, is she does not have gel batteries, get them. Only the wet cells are a problem when flying.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    Also, is she does not have gel batteries, get them. Only the wet cells are a problem when flying.

(KLD)
    I don't know whether she has gel batteries or wet cells. How do we figure that out. Her primary chair is a permobil 500 standing wheechair

wow with all that money to burn...she interested in adopting me?

Why not just fly first class?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321
    wow with all that money to burn...she interested in adopting me?

Why not just fly first class?
    She lives in a rural area and the nearest aiport (an hour drive as it is) only has commuter flights to hubs requiring changing planes even for short trips, which was a problem on her previous trip. She purchased first class tickets for her previous trip, but there really isn't such a thing on small commuter flights. She doesn't allow herself many extravagences even though she can now, but I convinced her to consider this since she is very reluctant to travel otherwise.