Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shower Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Roger
    Jerry

Thanks

In regards to the shower bench. Brian was told that he should get a bench that has the opening on the side rather than the front. The side opening would allow him to do his own bowel program. Can the cushion on this bench be rotated 90 degrees so that he could reach in an do the bowel program. Would there be any bars in the way of reaching in from the side?

Thanks

Roger

I do my own BP on mine. The handle comes off and you reach under the side to reach.
    "There's too many things to get done, and I'm running out of days" 3 Doors Down

Quote Originally Posted by JerryF504
    I do my own BP on mine. The handle comes off and you reach under the side to reach.
    Jerry

Just so I understand. You remove the handle on the right side then you reach around the cushion with your right hand and do the BP. Could you turn the cushion so that the opening was on the right side instead of being in the front? The opening on the ActiveAid bench is on the side rather than the front.

Thanks

Roger

No, it doesn't turn sideways only so that the handle is on the left side or right side (depends on which way your tub is set up). In order to do his bowel program he will only have to remove the handle (which comes of by pressing two buttons and pulling it out), then reach under the cushion that he's sitting on and inserting his suppository. In rehab they told me that I could put in the suppository in bed then get on the shower bench after but I find that The Magic Bullet works too fast sometimes, so to avoid a mess I wait untill I'm on the bench.
    "There's too many things to get done, and I'm running out of days" 3 Doors Down