Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spinergy lx wheels

spinergy lx wheels

worth the money?
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Compared to "regular" Spinergy Spox everydays? Probably not. Are Spinergy Spox worth the money? I would say absolutely for any full-time wheelchair user. Not only are they lighter and stronger, they will probably outlast the wheelchair.

Lx

I find them worth the extra $$. I use a pair on my work chair and they are very EASY to clean, and great if you use hidden scissor locks. I do notice the little weight differance between the LX and the SPOX everyday. I will be buying another set for my home chair.

I have the LX wheels on my new chair. I can definitely tell a difference from the SPOX on my previous chair.....to me - worth the money.
    "Your love is just the antidote when nothing else will cure me" ~Sarah McLachlan

hell yes i run the slx
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

If you get the new LX wheels, you'll like them. The original LX hub has a week spoke/hub interface that has been known to give out at really bad times. Hopefully that's a moot point now, as the reinforced hub should be great. The LX wheel has fewer, thicker spokes that make it easier to reach through...and it looks good.

FWIW, the LX's weigh 4.9 ounces less per wheel than a Spox everyday (narrow hub).

i have the lx spynergy's and also the glance bling bling wheels. i have found that maintaining my momentum when pushing seems to hold up better with the heavier wheels. does anyone else notice that also?
    Josh S.
    T6 complete as of 7/17/03

I have just had a bad experience with the poor design of the Spinergy wheels.

Two flats within four days - each wheel.

In a nut shell the design of the rims are silly. They have a peice of tube wrapping the rim to "cover the spoke and handrail attachment to the rim" I have had my wheels for a year and a half and had three flats.

What happens is the tube under 110 lbs of pressure finds its way into the hole created by the screw that attaches the handrail. then blows.

Suggestion is tape over each hole with a good cloth type or hockey tape. then put the tube piece provided back into place and then tape the inside of the rim over the tube piece. That way you have plenty of protection against the tube getting into the holes.

I redid mine and I hope I am okay.

Other than that - I have a tilite ZRA and had the blue colour spokes on my spinergy wheels. very happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by joshstevens7
    i have the lx spynergy's and also the glance bling bling wheels. i have found that maintaining my momentum when pushing seems to hold up better with the heavier wheels. does anyone else notice that also?

I have a set of "normal" wheels with the treads on the tires and I find them way harder than the sinergy wheels.