Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: What do you have to lose?

Thank you for the explanation, Dr. Young!

Dr. Young I understand everything that your saying. I don't know the industry as well as you. obviously. But I believe that there are several scientists that do not want to collaborate. And your right several probably do. There is nothing unfair about what I am saying, you can just correct me if I am wrong. I am 1 year and 6 months post so I am not as savvy as others in this field. I just try to read between the lines. I never mentioned your name nor collaboration on your behalf. I asked you before if you were gonna ride and die with this and you said yes and that is why you are teaching the young Chinese new doctors/scientists.

However, I remember seeing discussions on this site re: scientists not collaborating. Is Total Record collaborating w/ anyone? How bout Miami Project or Geron? Dr. McDonald has told several people that there will be therapies in a few years 7 years ago. That is wrong. Dr. Keirstead I know is collaborating and that is very wise of him because he is young and there are probably many things he doesn't know as well as you. Plus he knows he will get further by doing so. There is always 2 sides of the coin. If a scientist is gonna collaborate with another than there is some what has to be chemistry there first of all and also I say this because I believe that if all the scientists working on SCI in the whole industry were all together in the same lab sharing ideas we would have a cure!!!!! So this is my underlying reason why I say this.

Technology might be for some of us our only chance Dr. Young. We should not be strung along to believe in something thats not gonna happen for 20 years. Acutes will be cured in 5 to 7. I think robotic assisted devices might be the only chance for paras or a matrix and not speaking of even stem cells. In the CHINASCInet I think you should be testing the most promising of therapies on the planet and collaberating with the best and brightest period. There's no excuse otherwise it's a big waste of time, effort, energy and money. Please.
    Last edited by spidergirl; 06-18-2007 at 04:48 PM.

dr.huang ........i still pay 300 $ monthly [bank] and the oeg was a big lie.
    i will finish my payments [bank] 4 more years.........i hope i will be still alive to pay the money.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    Agreed.
    Most users ever online was 577, 02-06-2007 at 02:49 AM.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by spidergirl
    In the CHINASCInet I think you should be testing the most promising of therapies on the planet and collaberating with the best and brightest period. There's no excuse otherwise it's a big waste of time, effort, energy and money. Please.
    Spidergirl,

They all collaborate behind, its just that were not at the scientific meetings were data is presented. If the case was that they don't collaborate, why do they use each others works and findings?

In the CHINASCInet I think you should be testing the most promising of therapies on the planet and collaberating with the best and brightest period. There's no excuse otherwise it's a big waste of time, effort, energy and money. Please.
    Spider, you know that Wise has responded to this comment several times.

Three points:

He is collaborating with the best and the brightest. Why do you assume that he is not? China has very capable neuroscientists. The Chinese are responsible for many of the scientific breakthroughs in the field.

What constitutes the most promising therapies is subjective. Every researcher we have is working in areas he/she feels is most promising Spider. Do you think they should all abandon their current projects to focus on one avenue? Do you think SCI researchers should be focusing on chip implants instead instead of cellular or biochemical cures?

Research requires money. ChinaSCINet relies on private donations. They do not have the money to test every therapy in the pipeline of every researcher or pharmaceutical company. They were barely able to raise the money to carry out their current trials. It takes approimately 800 million (maybe half in China) to move one therapy from bench to bedside, are you going to give ChinaSCINet all of the funding they need so they can test only the therapies you deem are best?

Please reread this post: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...70&postcount=6
    Last edited by antiquity; 06-19-2007 at 08:58 AM.

Please people do not jump down my throat. My question is simple and as many times as Dr. Young has said he believes in therapies ( obviously acute's YES - I believe in acute therapies as well) ) but I don't think I ever read him saying he believes in a cure for "chronic completes" in the next 20 years or whatever. Maybe Antiquity can find a post where this has been said.
    Wise explained the complexities here Spider. http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...1&postcount=29

I've been following this thread since its inception; I love it, oughta be a book made out of it. Why? Geez, the entire kitchen along with the sink has gotten tossed in! What's not in this thread?

(And I've kept my loud mouth out of the whole fray; commendable, eh?)

Though we can't claim Hollywood connections and insider knowledge, there's a handful of CC vets who've been labeled 'arrogant' and 'out of control' as SpiderGirl has, yet plunge forward and take the abuse with their eye on the target no matter what befalls them. If SpiderGirl fits this category, if the gal is really who she says she is and is soaking up research and making connections and taking on battles on so many fronts, man, we gotta forgive her for her arrogance and Kevlar-slick exterior and say, 'Girl's got testicles, and we need to support her'.

I love confident people, they're inspiring. Sure, she may have a few flaws (large or small), and sure, she brushes aside her inconsistencies and logical bloopers with a wave of her hand, and sure, she dismisses criticism without really addressing it, and sure, she makes declarative, oft definitive statements with a tone of expertise and authority that infuriates the readership, and sure, she thinks she be one fine ass hot bitch, BUT...

... if she's out there working for the greater good, all evangelical for the cause, I say, 'Clone her!'

SpiderGirl, any updates on the film?
    vgrafen

My book, 'Scouring the globe for a cure: a disabled man's experiences with stem cell treatment' is available at Booklocker at the following address:

www.booklocker.com/books/2857.html

A percentage of every sale goes to CareCure.

Vgrafen, -if I might chime in, don’t cut the arteries on some that has the boost. Like spider, she might have a bunch of cures or not, but one thing they can’t take away from her, is the willingness to fight this, like you also does – thus you two should be on the same team.

Uh, Leif, didn't I just say just that? Is there an echo in here?
    vgrafen

My book, 'Scouring the globe for a cure: a disabled man's experiences with stem cell treatment' is available at Booklocker at the following address:

www.booklocker.com/books/2857.html

A percentage of every sale goes to CareCure.