Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: What do you have to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by spidergirl
    Please guys don't jump down my throat like a jukespin, andy or a pruettskr who don't know the price of tea in China if it hit them on the head with a brick.
    Your metaphors are impeccable.

I will say this though. The chronic cure is not gonna come from

1. The Miami Project
    2. Dr. John MCDonald
    3. Dr. Keirstead. ( unless this was in 10 years )

It will come from left field and might or probably wont even be stem cells.

At one point on this wesite do we decide that we are all just being bull shitted?
    How can anyone know this?

I think the problem with this website is not that we are "bullshitted". I think the real problem is that people hear what they want to hear. I don't recall a researched - a real, legitimate researcher - ever give a timetable for the cure.

The cure forums often degenerate into a discussion by individuals with little to no medical training making predictions about things that nobody with a Ph.D in medicine would dare predict.

The roller-coaster gets old fast. When that roller-coaster is fuelled by non-scientists, it's an even bigger waste of time and effort.

Chris.
    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

aaaand the name of the company is------ coca-cola!?

Quote Originally Posted by cspanos
    How can anyone know this?

I think the problem with this website is not that we are "bullshitted". I think the real problem is that people hear what they want to hear. I don't recall a researched - a real, legitimate researcher - ever give a timetable for the cure.

The cure forums often degenerate into a discussion by individuals with little to no medical training making predictions about things that nobody with a Ph.D in medicine would dare predict.

The roller-coaster gets old fast. When that roller-coaster is fuelled by non-scientists, it's an even bigger waste of time and effort.

Chris.
    I could have been lied too ur right. But, I don't see this person lying to me. The company has been discussed here several times as being extremely innovative. There is a cure out the I know that in some way shape or form. But my real question is HOW CAN YOU DO A CHRONIC CLINICAL TRIAL without making a fricken rodent/primate whatevas walk first????

Even though I said I don't believe I wont make a full recovery in my lifetime ( bc i am not in the business of contradicting myself) but the demand for this especially with now all the Iraqi war veterans coming home paralyzed is making this industry climb higher.

Look, since this injury I talk to people all over the GD world now. I am on top of my game here. If a scientist doesn't like me or it's a preferential treatment, guess what??? The bullshit will talk and the money will walk always regardless.

P. S. I don't reply to a-holes. So you wanna be an a- hole dont expect a response.

I heard some news from someone today of a company taking applications for mid thoracic chronic SCI human clinical trials here in the US that they plan on starting next year. This would make so much stuff in this thread null and void. It came from a very reputable source. What I want to know is why Dr. Young is not familiar with this. There could be many reasons.

A. This company has nothing or wants nothing to do w/ Dr. Young
    B. This company has secrets and does not want their multi- billion dollar patent to come out.

Well, the majority of the articles posted on this site are not contributed by Wise. They are posted by people committed to scouring the newswires everyday so I don't understand your suggestion that Wise controls what is discussed here.

If this company has released a press release or is legitimately recruiting participants for a US trial, it would be public info., most likely posted on the US govs. trial website and one of our slueths would have posted it here. If the company is conducting secret trials, hasn't registered the trial and is recruiting people without wanting the public to know, which doesn't make sense, then why would Wise
    discuss it. Obviously the company doesn't want it publicly known.

The only researcher that I'm aware of who has plans to start a trial for chronics in the US by the end of this year is Borgens.

At one point on this wesite do we decide that we are all just being bull shitted?
    Who's BS'ing you? Dozens of articles regarding progress on the cure front are posted in this forum everyday. If you don't want to believe that progress is being made, that's your choice.

If your not or cannot making a chronic rodent walk WHY THE FK ARE YOU DOING CLINICAL TRIALS? Please tell me, please I would like to know...
    The restoration of a significant degree of functional return (not necessarily full restioration of walking ability) to an ASIA A chronic rat is strong justification for NIH support and moving it to larger animal trials or to humans. This research may help reinnervate the phrenic nerve so a vent quad can breath on his own or restore biceps and triceps to a quad making him independent enough to take care of himself. I would not want research put on hold just because it didn't result in normal walking. Research that focuses on other abilities is important too.

Also, the treatment that restores ambulation to the rat may not work in humans. The purpose of moving to human trials is to test those treatments....to find out if they will work in humans and are safe.
    Last edited by antiquity; 06-17-2007 at 09:56 AM.

P. S. I don't reply to a-holes. So you wanna be an a- hole dont expect a response.
    He wasn't being an asshole to you. He was responding to your post, but the response was directed to the general people who post here who are not scientists and claim to know what they probably don't. His basic point is that the Cure forum is flooded with opinions, not facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais
    He wasn't being an asshole to you. He was responding to your post, but the response was directed to the general people who post here who are not scientists and claim to know what they probably don't. His basic point is that the Cure forum is flooded with opinions, not facts.

haha. i was speaking to you... not the boy from down under. That's your job remember? I think this whole forum is becoming more nieve by the week.

Please guys don't jump down my throat like a jukespin, andy or a pruettskr who don't know the price of tea in China if it hit them on the head with a brick.
    I'm honored to be in such great company.

BTW Cheryl, until anything tangible surfaces regarding this trial you speak of, you're going to see called quite a bit. That's not jumping down your throat; that's the EXACT same way you'd respond.

I think this whole forum is becoming more nieve by the week.
    apparently.

it's "naive."

I can't believe what has happened to CareCure in the last few years. It's truly a shame.