Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just my opinion.....

just my opinion.....

I attend sci-step recovery center as some of may have read. I surf and read many posts! I am so sick and tired of reading the negative posts its crazy. Anyone interestrd in furthering their recovery should try out the free week sci-step is offering, what do u have to loose, NOTHING!!! I wish that a few of you people who post the negative replies and posts would just get off your lazy butts and try something, because just sitting there being negative is getting you nowhere!! Just remember if you believe you can achieve!! If you give it your all you will notice a huge improvement in just that 1 week physically and mentally!! Recovery through exercise is all we have right now and it seems to work 1000x's better than just sitting there doing nothing!!! oh well Im done venting, thanks.

Kevin,

If you recover, then that's amazing and good for you. But many don't regain function regardless of the PT they do. You shouldn't be discouraged or ridiculed for trying, nor should people be judged for not regaining their function back.

You only post about sci step?
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I am not ridiculing anyone for trying nor would I ever!!!! But if one day you could only lift 1lb then aweek or a month later you could lift 2lbs then thats recovery to me!! Its not all about walking and moving your lower extremities its about regaining your health and self!! And its for the people who have tried nothing and still are negative!!!

I post about what I have seen from others and what I have accomplished. I have been to two other places for rehab and would never talk negatively about either one. I owe my mental and physical wellness to sci-step, I have seen the best results here and am grateful for having had the chance to attend the facility!!

kevin C you are indeed AMAZZZZINGGG, attending sci step.. as well as trying to boost all CC's morale with your uplifting words. boy oh boy i would keep writing but ever since reading your inspiring text I have this burning urge to go giVe iT mY aLL.

f
    ight

I must say I envy those who have programs such as sci-step nearby. The place where I did my outpatient rehab had never had a sci patient before. I didn't have much choice but to go there...the staff was great and they worked with me the best they could. But what I did at rehab I could do just as well at home...but there was something nice about going to rehab...maybe just being surrounded by positive attitudes...I don't know.

I'd love the opportunity to go somewhere such as sci step...but thats just part of the problem for some...its not feasible.

Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by kevin C
    I wish that a few of you people who post the negative replies and posts would just get off your lazy butts and try something, because just sitting there being negative is getting you nowhere!!
    How do you know that the people who are "negative" about SCI Step are just being lazy and haven't done anything but sit on their "lazy butts"?

Just remember if you believe you can achieve!!
    Did you read that on a motivational poster or a bumpersticker?

If you give it your all you will notice a huge improvement in just that 1 week physically and mentally!!
    How do you know that? Do you know everyone's personal status and history? Can you tell what level everyone is, the extent of their injuries and what mitigating circumstances have affected them?

I agree that if an individual has done little or nothing to improve their personal situation, that it is wrong of them to attack others who are working harder to improve themselves, but it is equally wrong of you to lash out randomly and wrap anyone reading these boards with your blanket generalization.

C.

hey Bonita,
    I operate a facility in colorado which is fairly close to kansas perhaps I could be an option for you. Unfortunately I don't have the resources to give away a week for free but I would be willing to work with you and perhaps train an individual from your local area in some of the methods used in SCI recovery. My personal opinion is to try to maximize your return by any means possible, whether it is at a facility such as SCI step who I have heard great things about or in your garage at home with help from a friend or family member.

First of all tiger racing I never said people were talking negatively about sci-step. I was stating that I can't believe the negativity that gets posted at times.

Secondly Everyones injury and condition is different I agree with you at that. But I believe with everything in my heart that if you can only lift you arm 1 inch and you try everyday for as long as it takes someday you will get to a inch and a half and the so on ..... Remember that Rome wasn't built in a day nor could your recovery posssibly happen that fast either, because our injuries are alot more complex than Rome ever was!!!

Lastly if you took any offence to what was said it was taken out of context and I do apoligise for that. I just hate seeing and reading about the negativity.Thanks again.