Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Human Stem Cell Treatment Restores Motor Function in Paralyzed Rats

Thumbs up Human Stem Cell Treatment Restores Motor Function in Paralyzed Rats

Human Stem Cell Treatment Restores Motor Function in Paralyzed Rats
    Libraries

Medical News Keywords
    STEM CELLS, PARALYSIS, SPINAL CORD ISCHEMIA, SPINAL CORD TRAUMA
    Contact Information

Available for logged-in reporters only
    Description

Rats paralyzed due to loss of blood flow to the spine returned to near normal ambulatory function six weeks after receiving grafts of human spinal stem cells (hSSCs), researchers from the UCSD School of Medicine report. The study, led by Martin Marsala, M.D., UC San Diego professor of anesthesiology, is published in the June 29, 2007 issue of the journal Neuroscience, which is now online.

Newswise — Rats paralyzed due to loss of blood flow to the spine returned to near normal ambulatory function six weeks after receiving grafts of human spinal stem cells (hSSCs), researchers from the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) School of Medicine report. The study, led by Martin Marsala, M.D., UC San Diego professor of anesthesiology, is published in the June 29, 2007 issue of the journal Neuroscience, which is now online.

“We demonstrated that when damage has occurred due to a loss of blood flow to the spine’s neural cells, by grafting human neural stem cells directly into the spinal cord we can achieve a progressive recovery of motor function,” said Marsala. “This could some day prove to be an effective treatment for patients suffering from the same kind of ischemia-induced paralysis.” Marsala is currently testing the human stem cell therapy for safety and efficacy in other animal models, and hopes to move to clinical trials in humans by next year.

more:

http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/530457/
    Last edited by manouli; 05-31-2007 at 08:46 AM.

Nice again.

Stem Cell Treatment Restores Motor Function in Paralyzed Rats

Rats paralyzed due to loss of blood flow to the spine returned to near normal ambulatory function six weeks after receiving grafts of human spinal stem cells (hSSCs), researchers from the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) School of Medicine report. The study, led by Martin Marsala, M.D., UC San Diego professor of anesthesiology, is published in the June 29, 2007 issue of the journal Neuroscience, which is now online.

“We demonstrated that when damage has occurred due to a loss of blood flow to the spine’s neural cells, by grafting human neural stem cells directly into the spinal cord we can achieve a progressive recovery of motor function,” said Marsala. “This could some day prove to be an effective treatment for patients suffering from the same kind of ischemia-induced paralysis.” Marsala is currently testing the human stem cell therapy for safety and efficacy in other animal models, and hopes to move to clinical trials in humans by next year.

more

http://www.swnebr.net/newspaper/cgi-...iver.pl?160922

"Some day" is the operative phrase here. So. ok, what else is new.
    Step up, stand up for:
    http://www.stepnow.org

'He not busy being born is busy dying." <Bob Dylan>

Thumbs up Raise Your Bet...

Quote Originally Posted by kkmay
    Nice again.
    Kevin, Raise your bet... turn for the ilegal drugs...

i'll catch you manouli... you are owner of Google

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by luy
    Kevin, Raise your bet... turn for the ilegal drugs...

i'll catch you manouli... you are owner of Google
    Hi Luy, I just want everyone here not to miss anything. If I over doing it guys please just let me know and I'll stop. We have a lot of visitors here daily, and maybe we help them with some of the posts. I have a little more time because I work part time, I have booked the medical sites and I do check them daily. Hoping they will write some day soon that the cure is here. I want to do it right, so let me know to cool it.

manouli.

Marsala is currently testing the human stem cell therapy for safety and efficacy in other animal models, and hopes to move to clinical trials in humans by next year.

some day next year sounds fine
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Hi Manouli,

I want to say that your posts are very informative and I'm really appreaciated your time. Thanks and please keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by manouli
    Hi Luy, I just want everyone here not to miss anything. If I over doing it guys please just let me know and I'll stop. We have a lot of visitors here daily, and maybe we help them with some of the posts. I have a little more time because I work part time, I have booked the medical sites and I do check them daily. Hoping they will write some day soon that the cure is here. I want to do it right, so let me know to cool it.

manouli.
    Manouli,

Absolutely don't stop. You're incredible. Your dedication, time invested, and shear number of relevant posts are always welcomed on the forum. Don't let a few discourage you, I feel confident 98% of the members appreciate your continous efforts. I know I do.

I agree with Schmeky. You are doin great. I don't always understand researcheze but that is okay.