Thread: Need occupational therapy? Have kids...

Need occupational therapy? Have kids...

Gah. After spending an hour trying to squeeze trashy clothes onto barbies a my almost 4 year olds request I've concluded that having kids is probaby the best OT availiable.
    Things I've learned to do -
    velcro - especially on dirty diapers
    (was just interupted to tie a bow around her finger so she'd remember to get up in the morning lol)
    legos
    teeny tiny zippers, buttons and snaps
    pony tails and butterfly clips
    bandaid wrappers
    colouring, cutting, painting, gluing
    playdoh
    hanging clothes
    cutting fingernails
    pulling splinters

So yeah... anyhow, not sure why i had to share that! Bored I guess...

Nevertheless, it made me smile. You have made so much of you life Emi!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Personally, I don't know how you do it...

I echo Lynnifer.

I don't even know you (other than from your posts) but I am happy and proud for you.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyCrip
    Personally, I don't know how you do it...

I echo Lynnifer.

I don't even know you (other than from your posts) but I am happy and proud for you.
    Just like most things post-SCI - you just do it because you have no choice. Although, given the choice I wouldn't change a thing, even SCI if that meant I wouldn't have the life I have. I really can't ask for more, I am so incredibly blessed. I don't say this much, because its a big burden for a 3 year old, but having my daughter literally saved my life.

Em, I'm a different level, and my kids are older (teenage and up) but I feel the same way. I make that extra effort, and push to do something for them, that I might just pass on otherwise.

And as far as therapy, I have done my daughter's hair a few times this spring (for prom, class night, etc) and found that last night, I didn't have anywhere neAR the balance issues I had earlier in the year!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Emi

You were born to be a mommy! I am so proud of all that you do! You've come a long way baby!

Be well always,
    Mary
    1FineSpineRN

Quote Originally Posted by Emi2
    Gah. After spending an hour trying to squeeze trashy clothes onto barbies a my almost 4 year olds request I've concluded that having kids is probaby the best OT availiable.
    Don't worry, it'll pay off. Remember, one of the best things about having kids around is that they can fetch you stuff and pick up after you. 4 yrs old is just about right!

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    Don't worry, it'll pay off. Remember, one of the best things about having kids around is that they can fetch you stuff and pick up after you. 4 yrs old is just about right!

C.
    Yup, for sure. I joke that I don't need a service dog because I have a service-toddler lol.

I hate Barbie clothes-LOL. I don't know why they make them so difficult to put on. I can relate-my children have kept me going ever since the accident. You are doing a great job!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emi2
    Yup, for sure. I joke that I don't need a service dog because I have a service-toddler lol.
    I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing

C.
    We used to joke that we had our kids so that they would grow up to be old enough to babysit so we would have to hire babysitters for our kids .......
    T7-8 since Feb 2005