Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zapped

Zapped

By lightning... my computer,that is - been down since whenever I last posted - AGAIN! The guy who fixed it last time has it again but he's been really busy and I do not have it back yet and don't know if he'll be able to fix it or if I'll have to start over again with a regular computer fixer-upper.

We are not amused. We are resigned because obviously the computer gods hate me. We will be back asap, whenever the %*&#@$ that may be.

To all of you who responded to my antique thread a heartfelt thank you for the interesting and informative posts. I'll catch up on pm's as soon as I can to those of you who I need to write.

Having only had time to browse around a bit here today, I see I have missed out on some really interesting conversations, damn it. Hope to be in the thick of it all again soon.

Regards to one and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendell
    We are not amused. We are resigned because obviously the computer gods hate me. We will be back asap, whenever the %*&#@$ that may be.
    Way sucky. I can sympathize. One of my desktop computers crashed a couple of weeks ago and since I was flippant and didn't rush to get it fixed, the gods zapped my laptop a few days ago. Both computers are only about a year old.

I've had Apple computers since I was 15 and up until about 3 yrs ago, I never had one go bad. In the past 3 yrs, I have had 4 separate computers crash HARD a total of 5 times. I don't get it. I must be giving off some weird, electrical vibe that computers don't like.

Luckily my iMac was still under warranty, but I just shelled out major money to replace the laptop computer. It'll be faster and have more memory than the old one, but I don't NEED one faster with more memory. I did need that money though. My husband just lost my digital camera too. Limited edition, fancy, schmancy, Ferrari camera that I was so tickled to get a year or so ago and that I probably won't be able to replace until after we get into the new house.

Yeesh.

Good luck getting your computer fixed!

C.

You must not use a surge protector?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer
    You must not use a surge protector?
    Of course I use surge protectors. I wish it was that simple.

C.

Tiger, I think Lynnifer might have been responding to Kendell.

Kendell, do you have surge protectors? They do wonders for protecting from spikes. Still won't stop a direct/real close lightning hit, but will save from most hits. If you get one, get one that runs your phone and cable lines thru it also(whatever you connect to computer), lightning can come in on all sorts of wire.

Sorry you got hit again so soon, hope the fix is quick and cheap.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

An APU, aka battery backup, are great as they condition the signal too. x

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    . My husband just lost my digital camera too. Limited edition, fancy, schmancy, Ferrari camera that I was so tickled to get a year or so ago and that I probably won't be able to replace until after we get into the new house.
    C.
    Attachment 15534

This model has been sold out for sometime...Can't find it.

Attachment 15535

This one I found on E-Bay for $600 ..I don't want to settle..
    waiting for the Olympus to be available.

J

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff
    I think Lynnifer might have been responding to Kendell.
    Well, now, that makes more sense. Sorry!

C.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAT
    This one I found on E-Bay for $600 ..
    When was that? One just sold a week or so ago for more than $800. That's the model I had. I think we paid somewhere between $400-$500 for it. Too much for how much camera it was at the time, but I have a thing for Ferraris and my husband was sweet about it.

I don't want to settle.. waiting for the Olympus to be available.
    That 2004 model is an Olympus. Or are you referring to a different one?

C.

Sweet!

Attachment 15536

Olympus Ferrrari Didgital Model 2003