Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digestive Advantage for Chronic Constipation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Digestive Advantage for Chronic Constipation

I decided to give Digestive Advantage for Chronic Constipation a try. I found it at Drugstore.com...after reading a few reviews of the product I thought it might be worth a try. One person compared it to zelnorm, saying they preferred it....and since my insurance didn't consider my condition as "chronic idiopathic constipation" they would not cover it. I don't know what else you would call being "constipated" for the past two years.

Anyway, I've been taking it for almost a month now. You take one capsule a day, everyday. I noticed an improvement in my bp within a few days. About week 3, I got cleaned out...very much like having taken a course of antibiotics. The right side abdomen that has been distended/bloated/hard and very uncomfortable now resembles the left, which I consider somewhat normal. The week that I got nice and cleaned out, I could tell when I needed to do my bp, and I ended up doing my bp every night for a few days instead of every other. There were a few times when my bp lasted longer than I would have cared for it too. But now, on week 4 my bp is going much faster and more efficiently.

From what I could tell no one else has mentioned this product on this site, so I thought I'd share my experience with the product. Right now, all I'm taking is this product and a few stool softeners every night. I will also add that DA helped in the softening department too.

I figured I've tried just about everything...why not this. Its a lot cheaper than a script for zelnorm too. $11.99 for a 30 day supply. They also have a 30 day money back guarantee...once again, I figured what have I got to lose.

DA makes several other products too...the only ones I've been able to find in the store are for lactose intolerance...but they have several other products that I've been able to find online.

I hope this information is helpful to many others. I didn't think it would be fair if I kept this to myself.

Jennifer
    Last edited by Bonita; 05-31-2007 at 11:57 PM.

http://www.ganedenbiotech.com/

This is the website for Digestive Advantage for anyone who is interested in looking into it.

Did you know that there is a course of treatment for being lactose interolerant? I think it is called lactogen. You take it for several days to restore the enzyme that is missing which allows you to metabolize lactose. It was featured on fox and friends news healthcare segment. I'm not sure of the spelling though.

Quote Originally Posted by Z~LEI
    Did you know that there is a course of treatment for being lactose interolerant? I think it is called lactogen. You take it for several days to restore the enzyme that is missing which allows you to metabolize lactose. It was featured on fox and friends news healthcare segment. I'm not sure of the spelling though.
    I know I saw a similar product in the stores a few years ago...I was a bit skeptical to be honest. But after trying DA for the chronic constipation...I have a bit more faith in their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonita
    From what I could tell no one else has mentioned this product on this site, so I thought I'd share my experience with the product. Right now, all I'm taking is this product and a few stool softeners every night. I will also add that DA helped in the softening department too.

I hope this information is helpful to many others. I didn't think it would be fair if I kept this to myself.

Jennifer
    Thanks Jennifer - we are going through the similiar thing with my brother's girlfriend and we are trying everything. I have a thread on here discussing that and this last week we went through a major issue with too much bowel medicine - so I am going to look into her trying this.
    You say that you take other softeners which ones. Right now 'T' takes 2 generic colace a day 8:00am/8:00pm and 3 generic sennokot at lunch.

Lindasue,

Right now I take two generic colace in the evening. I'm also to the point where I don't think I need to use the magic bullet any more either.

Hope this helps.

Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by Bonita
    Lindasue,

Right now I take two generic colace in the evening. I'm also to the point where I don't think I need to use the magic bullet any more either.

Hope this helps.

Jennifer
    Hey Jennifer - Praise God! That's wonderful. When T had her episode last week she got to the point where she good tell when she needed to go and she would go and then we just started back with the suppositories and she could actually feel my brother inserting it and said it hurt. The doctor that recommended the Turmeric and Bromelain combination said that it would give her some sensation back.
    I'm assuming that you will stay on this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindasue
    Hey Jennifer - Praise God! That's wonderful. When T had her episode last week she got to the point where she good tell when she needed to go and she would go and then we just started back with the suppositories and she could actually feel my brother inserting it and said it hurt. The doctor that recommended the Turmeric and Bromelain combination said that it would give her some sensation back.
    I'm assuming that you will stay on this stuff?
    Yes, I definitely plan on staying on it. I have tried so many different things, one at a time and all at one. Lets see...miralax, senna, stool softeners, mag citrate, milk of magnesia, activia, miralax again...I guess what I like about this is that it is not a laxative like senna or miralax. And from what I understand it needs to be taken daily to remain effective. I definitely prefer one pill a day verses things getting more backed up and having to take drastic measures. I once went about a month with no bm...why my doctor wasn't concerned, I have no idea. But I took mag citrate with no help...I think finally the milk of magnesia helped, but it was very uncomfortable and I was constantly worried about having an accident.

I guess with everything I've tried, one more thing wasn't a big deal...and I'm glad I gave this a try.

Jennifer

took my first pill today....
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321
    took my first pill today....
    I really hope it helps!