Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: being hunted before you hunt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

being hunted before you hunt

I just saw a TV show, where a man was standing proudly, next to the bear he just shot.

You know what? I think before people hunt, they should have to earn the right by being hunted by a wild animal or beast. The animal should be suitably hungry, and the man should not have a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeHalsted
    I think before people hunt, they should have to earn the right by being hunted by a wild animal or beast. The animal should be suitably hungry, and the man should not have a weapon.
    You volunteering? Because if you are, I'd like to suggest some animals for you to choose from, health and size of beast (within a set range) the setting, time limit (it any), etc..
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Its one thing to hunt if you use all of what you hunted, But if you hunt just for bragging and waste it than that is wrong.

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by JakeHalsted
    I just saw a TV show, where a man was standing proudly, next to the bear he just shot.

You know what? I think before people hunt, they should have to earn the right by being hunted by a wild animal or beast. The animal should be suitably hungry, and the man should not have a weapon.
    I'm sorry, but this is one of the most absurd ideas I've ever heard. Are you trying to say that hunting is wrong? should we let animal populations grow out of control?
    Look what happened to the deer population of the last 10 years in this country... it is out of control and chronic wasting disease is a huge problem. Why? because enough deer aren't being killed, particularly females.
    The same thing happened with snow geese, and now it's starting to happen with Canadians. The seasons on these animals are too short and not enough are being killed each year to control the population.
    Why do you think South Dakota has a season on mountain lions? there are too many and they're starting to become a threat to livestock and people.
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

• Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

• Dum spiro, spero.

It's that time of year again...

I'll get you some Canadian geese to sit in the middle of...see how long one can take!...lol...we have them where I work and they will attack you in the parking lot if you don't watch it... and then it's the mess they leave too...yuch!...

This is one of those things that always will have two sides.

Hunting is most likely in our genes. Boasting about it is just humans being weird.

Have any hunters ever seen a human head hanging in a bear cave?

Actually I have never understood the bravado involved in using a weapon in hunting. Humans have the advantage yet they do all the bragging and get their rocks off on it. Animals just do it and go on with another day.

Of course we have to control animal populations..we have created the situtation and it's our responsibility. Not only concerning prey animals and predators but our own pet population. It's all for us actually.

For our entertainment, egos, foodstuff and heritage.
    Nature also has it's demons.

If you think about it..why not eat more deer meat and give the cattle a break? Cause beef tastes better.

Hunters do a good thing by keeping over populations controlled. They do help control diseases etc. BUT the bravado and BOASTING does get a bit out of hand and isn't respecting any life whatsoever. JMO.
    Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by jbinny
    Look what happened to the deer population of the last 10 years in this country... it is out of control and chronic wasting disease is a huge problem. Why? because enough deer aren't being killed, particularly females.
    Wrong. The reason there is a problem with the deer population is that humans have decimated their natural predators. The answer isn't more human intervention. It's less.

C.

balance [equilibrium]is the key.
    mine is gone after sci.
    • Dum spiro, spero.